GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rebadged Grill GTI with Red Ebay Letters...

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered this off of ebay for $9 USD

I'm going to try out the black to give it a more inconspicuous look, especially since I have a stock VW badge.

I'll post pics as soon as I receive it and put it on.

So you got a link or a seller id for the black style?

Clempson13

Ready to race!
i have been thinking about getting rid of that chrome GTI on the front and saw these on ebay but if you are going the blacked out route why not paint them and put them back on?
I am planning on blacking out my emblem and painting the back support red like the OP, and am thinking about just painting the chrome GTI letters red. thoughts? this seems like it would enable the emblem fit to still be good and get the same effect.

micah360

Ready to race!
thinking about just painting the chrome GTI letters red. thoughts? this seems like it would enable the emblem fit to still be good and get the same effect.

That's exactly what I did. Took them off, sanded them, painted red with Krylon Fusion and re-applied with the 3M tape. Looks factory.

TDI110

O_o
Nicely done. I am planning on cannibalizing the GTD and GTI badge to make "TDI" then buy a GTD grill and mount it there... probably a stupid idea but could be interesting.

More pics indeed!

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Nicely done. I am planning on cannibalizing the GTD and GTI badge to make "TDI" then buy a GTD grill and mount it there... probably a stupid idea but could be interesting.

More pics indeed!

As long as it looks like it should be there, any personalizing modification is valid

;)

Post updates with that as well!

I was thinking about mixing colors on the front badge, but have no clue how that would turn out :p

Clempson13

Ready to race!
That's exactly what I did. Took them off, sanded them, painted red with Krylon Fusion and re-applied with the 3M tape. Looks factory.

is the sanding necessary? was looking at using the Krylon as well and just going over the chrome/black areas as needed. sanding the emblem and the backing would be a pain.....