GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Red Stripe Removed!

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
^---- Looks great (would be PERFECT with color matched side markers). Plastidip or pinstripe tape?

another thread shows my new clear markers. not plasti-dip OR tape.. spray paint.

booey1979

Go Kart Champion
If I saw only one stripe on an mk6 I would think, oh someone stole the top part that sucks. And don't do the stripe on the headlight, really dumb idea vw.

budahbuddy803

Passed Driver's Ed
I just used plastdip for mine, turned out great. I didn't even remove the stripe pieces from the grill. Just make sure you put at least 4 layers on or it won't peel very well.

I’m working on an all black/white scheme on mine. Where’d you find the black center caps for your wheels? Also, are those the Watkins Glen wheels powder coated?

budahbuddy803

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey man, where’d you get your black center caps for your wheels? Also, are those the Watkins Glenn wheels powder coated? Have you painted your calipers black?

I recently purchased a ‘14 candy white 4 door and I’m going to go with a black/white color scheme. I’ve removed all badges with plans to powder coat my Watkins glen wheels, black or white center caps, tint/paint the bumper reflectors black, new black tail lights, black side mirror covers, white emblem inlay on the back. After all that I’ll probably paint the calipers.
as well.

I’m looking to start “cheap” with center caps and the things I can paint, but I want to make sure I get the correct center caps.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Hey man, where’d you get your black center caps for your wheels? Also, are those the Watkins Glenn wheels powder coated? Have you painted your calipers black?

I recently purchased a ‘14 candy white 4 door and I’m going to go with a black/white color scheme. I’ve removed all badges with plans to powder coat my Watkins glen wheels, black or white center caps, tint/paint the bumper reflectors black, new black tail lights, black side mirror covers, white emblem inlay on the back. After all that I’ll probably paint the calipers.
as well.

I’m looking to start “cheap” with center caps and the things I can paint, but I want to make sure I get the correct center caps.

Those are actually just the stock center caps that came on my Detroit wheels.

And no, those were VMR V710's in factory matte black. I didn't ever end up painting my calipers - they were always red.

jeffers

I wanna do yellow just to match the fogs but not sure how it would look like with bronze or a sunken treasure wheel.
I thought of painting those strips yellow. Actually there are 2 things I wanted to do - 1) sticking some yellow film onto my headlights to match foglights, 2) painting my grille strips yellow.

I am still not sure about the badge, so I did two versions of design (for now, only in paint, haha).
The original pic was taken from here (see the 3rd row, in the middle - https://www.carid.com/gallery/volkswagen/), that's not my Golf.
So, need your opinions, please.

Attachments

• 303030.JPG
    303030.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 3030301.jpg
    3030301.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 144