GOLFMKV

revo or apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

deere9670

deere9670
Car(s)
2006 gti
Hi, im driving a 2006 gti and was looking at either buying the stage 1 revo or the stage 1 APR. Which one adds more horsepower?

camelCase

CHARLIE DON'T SURF
Here we go again!

Assuming you live near dealers for both products, go get trials versions of each. Proceed to decide for yourself. Distance to the dealer is also a big factor (why would you want to drive 100 miles to get flashed/reflashed with APR when you could drive 15 miles to flashed/reflashed with Revo).

abe2003

Int Sales Melbournevw.com
There has to be marginal difference between the two reflashes APR clams more power but I hear REVO is more aggressive. Also people say revo can be changed on the fly but so can APR. We need some hard facts, can someone who has stg1 REVO and someone Else who has stg1 APR "somewhat in the same vicinity" get dynoed on the same dyno so we can all finally know once and for all which is better.

2zzge

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Hi, im driving a 2006 gti and was looking at either buying the stage 1 revo or the stage 1 APR. Which one adds more horsepower?

yes either one will be fine. you have to understand that not only has the same question been asked by others ad nausea, but with the answer comes an unhealthy rivalry.

so, plz forgive any rude and abrupt comments that come your way when asked that question. its from a recent wound to the forum.

to answer directly, honestly, either one would work. thye both have about the same performance.
one or the other has unique options or maybe a slight price difference but even those aren't that big of a deal to most.

it usually comes down to the shop that does the installation....the service after the sale. there will inevitably be an upgrade or update...a reflash needed or some other service/part that you'll need help intalling.
if the shop is reputable, knowledgable and friendly.
go with them...revo or apr.:biggrin:

and welcome to the forum. :headbang:

kev24k

Go Kart Champion
Go with the company you feel will give you the best support and updates.

a4cefed

Go Kart Champion
To:willsgti = Dude nice rims on that gti. What did u paint them or somthing cause they look like shit!!!

way to be a jagoff :happyanim:

oh yeah ..... search

bcze1

You people make me laugh
There has to be marginal difference between the two reflashes APR clams more power but I hear REVO is more aggressive. Also people say revo can be changed on the fly but so can APR. We need some hard facts, can someone who has stg1 REVO and someone Else who has stg1 APR "somewhat in the same vicinity" get dynoed on the same dyno so we can all finally know once and for all which is better.

You already answered it yourself, any difference in stage 1 tunes will be marginal. There are much more important factors in choosing the right software for you than who makes 2 more HP.

doctorgonzo

Anti-spin doctor
Yeah whiskey tango foxtrot dood, you come on here asking stupid effing questions (clue=chip faq), insulting members...I mean, do you have an unlubed fast doll shoved up your ass or something? Quit being a prick, or go away.

We try and be supportive,friendly, but this shizzle gets old.

I will keep flaming you until you hate yourself. It's a fact. So just stop.

:sm3:

Chris

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T

Status
Not open for further replies.