GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage 2 vs. APR Stage 2

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
So the other day me and DBGTI11(Revo Stage 2) ran it off a 35 roll (I am APR Stage 2). We were both shifting at the same points and were both DSG, from about 40-75 I pulled him by 1 car. From 75-about 110 the distance between us (1 car) stayed the same, however I shifted into 5th at 5k RPM's and he started catching up but never passed me, at the end after the mis-shift i was still ahead by 1/2 a car.

Just thought i'd share what happened.
At the end of the day a tune is a tune is a tune. They are all about the same in my book.

Thanks,
Boostinmk6.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I can see this getting nasty. But nice job both of you.

fahrenheitestephen

Ready to race!
[/IMG]

no vids

fahrenheitestephen

Ready to race!
idkkkk we'll see when he comes on i guess! race the uni car now with the new apr file

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
So the other day me and DBGTI11(Revo Stage 2) ran it off a 35 roll (I am APR Stage 2). We were both shifting at the same points and were both DSG, from about 40-75 I pulled him by 1 car. From 75-about 110 the distance between us (1 car) stayed the same, however I shifted into 5th at 5k RPM's and he started catching up but never passed me, at the end after the mis-shift i was still ahead by 1/2 a car.

Just thought i'd share what happened.
At the end of the day a tune is a tune is a tune. They are all about the same in my book.

Thanks,
Boostinmk6.

Good finally a race between revo and apr. I hate all the people that hate on apr so much. Thinking that our tune are soo much "weaker" in comparison to theirs. I wish you would have made a video would have made my day lol. Also like you said a tune is a tune I doubt one will up the other tunes by a big difference. It's also good you proved to us that an apr stage 2 tune can hold its own and for those that said apr is a joke, haha jokes on you lol jk

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
Yeah I'm here
And he pulled me off the 40 roll
I was also with a 225 lb passenger and he was riding solo

By the time we got to 110+ I was catching up hard and I actually got him at the end before he hit the brakes
So we are pretty much even

If we kept on it would have been a differnt story
And off the 40 roll I spun a bit, but w.e it was a good run

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
as for the race against UNI the results should be similar because the same car that was just raced by the op raced a car with uni software.

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
I have 4 new tires with rims I was dropping off at my friends house. But yeah I guess you have a little extra weight. And you started catching up cuz I shifted at 5200. :p But it was a good run.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I'm here
And he pulled me off the 40 roll
I was also with a 225 lb passenger and he was riding solo

By the time we got to 110+ I was catching up hard and I actually got him at the end before he hit the brakes
So we are pretty much even

So in your opinion is APR still a joke? lol I mean I have nothing agaisnt other tuners because heck they all work to make our cars more fun and enjoyable plus we are all vdubbers if anything I throw hate towards kids at my school who drive the older body styled mustangs and call me a ricer like wtf??? haha

Edit: sorry I think i'm getting you confused with another forum member who called apr a joke lol

2nd Edit: found it lol
Haha there is no need
APR is a joke
We have a friend with an APR stage 2 DSG and he has the new V1.2 and i drove his car and it doesn't even come close to my car or chippedGTI's

We tried to video a race and he wouldn't do it

And the race of me vs chippedGTI was a 50 roll so neither of us would have any traction issues, so there would be no excuses and it was a good run
He is a very good driver