GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

REVO Stage 3 K04 ping.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
You can run the 100Oct tune with WMI and some octane booster. Then, if you run out of spray (which it shouldn't because you're not stupid enough not to check the levels) or the pump packs up for some reason (which shouldn't happen if you do a trunk install like most smart people), you still have that extra level of safety with the octane booster. Just don't drive hard until you get the WMI sorted :)

Also, if you have WMI, you'll have a lot less carbon build up in future. So clean those intake valves and get WMI anyway - it really only has benefits and it's not expensive to run on a daily. 25 litres of meth (with 25 litres of water) lasts me 3-4 months and I drive "enthusiastically" most of the time :)

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
You can run the 100Oct tune with WMI and some octane booster. Then, if you run out of spray (which it shouldn't because you're not stupid enough not to check the levels) or the pump packs up for some reason (which shouldn't happen if you do a trunk install like most smart people), you still have that extra level of safety with the octane booster. Just don't drive hard until you get the WMI sorted :)

Also, if you have WMI, you'll have a lot less carbon build up in future. So clean those intake valves and get WMI anyway - it really only has benefits and it's not expensive to run on a daily. 25 litres of meth (with 25 litres of water) lasts me 3-4 months and I drive "enthusiastically" most of the time :)

How much is 25 liters of meth?

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
At the current Rand/Dollar exchange rate it works out to about $50. Add some distilled water to that and you're looking at $70 split over 3 months. So you're getting MAAAASSIVE cooling and octane boost for a little over $20 per month. That's not bad at all.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
I heard one guy on this forum said something to the tune of "I don't want to use WMI because I consider it cheating". I was like WTF?

If that's the case, throw out your turbo because that's "cheating" by shoving air into your intake. Heck, while you're at it, throw out the whole damn engine and drive your car Flintstone style - that way you're not cheating because it's all "you". If you're still worried, square off your wheels too! You don't want any sneaky help from physics "lending a hand" either with all that
"round" cleverness.

FFS.

WMI is not like NOS. People who think that should probably not run it. Or drive a car. You use WMI to give you MUCH needed cooling in hot climates. It also provides proper octane boosting for places where bad fuel is the norm AND it also helps to keep your engine clean by getting rid of carbon build-up.

It's not something that you run on weekends. It's something you can run every single day and it's 10 times more affordable than any octane booster and you're not going to get the cooling effect it provides with a simple intercooler upgrade either.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
I heard one guy on this forum said something to the tune of "I don't want to use WMI because I consider it cheating". I was like WTF?

If that's the case, throw out your turbo because that's "cheating" by shoving air into your intake. Heck, while you're at it, throw out the whole damn engine and drive your car Flintstone style - that way you're not cheating because it's all "you". If you're still worried, square off your wheels too! You don't want any sneaky help from physics "lending a hand" either with all that

"round" cleverness.

FFS.

WMI is not like NOS. People who think that should probably not run it. Or drive a car. You use WMI to give you MUCH needed cooling in hot climates. It also provides proper octane boosting for places where bad fuel is the norm AND it also helps to keep your engine clean by getting rid of carbon build-up.

It's not something that you run on weekends. It's something you can run every single day and it's 10 times more affordable than any octane booster and you're not going to get the cooling effect it provides with a simple intercooler upgrade either.

I understand what wmi is, but I drive my car ALOT. I've put 27k miles on it sense October, when I bought it...

It's just another expense, that's all. I would do it on the weekends because of money. That's all. If I only drive 20 miles a day that would be fine, but I drive 60-100 miles a day. That's a lot of w/m lol

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion

"round" cleverness.

FFS.

some may never understand what we praise. consistent 100 degree temps makes for a sluggish k04 in Cali. plus 91 is the best fuel we got, so wm is something I use to achieve more power, better cooling, and fueling benefit. you can even use windshield washer fluid because it contains methanol

OP, let us know how the 91 file works for your issue

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
I understand what wmi is, but I drive my car ALOT. I've put 27k miles on it sense October, when I bought it...

It's just another expense, that's all. I would do it on the weekends because of money. That's all. If I only drive 20 miles a day that would be fine, but I drive 60-100 miles a day. That's a lot of w/m lol

as long as the car is driven out of your boost settings you shouldnt really need it. plus you can always hard wire a kill switch to turn the system off.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
some may never understand what we praise. consistent 100 degree temps makes for a sluggish k04 in Cali. plus 91 is the best fuel we got, so wm is something I use to achieve more power, better cooling, and fueling benefit. you can even use windshield washer fluid because it contains methanol

OP, let us know how the 91 file works for your issue

Got the SPS, will update tonight and run more timing logs.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
GUYS!!! Holy crap it worked. Used the SPS and dropped to the 91 octane tune. Went out tonight and did some pulls once the traffic cleared up.

So I heard absolutely nothing. Power was ready sooner, and the top end was pulling so hard.

Then there's the logs...
Pull #1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440553770.420419.jpg

Pull #2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440554659.302184.jpg

Timing pull dropped a lot, was peaking at 7.5, and was pulling timing the entire time!

So now the question is why!?
I'm leaning towards carbon build up.
I'm about to order what I need to sit that job, also ordered a fuel filter, why not.
Any other ideas why this is happening?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440553821.588663.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440553821.588663.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Congrats man, is the file for 93 that you used before? Was the gas cheap? Any chance you put like 89 or something in by mistake? Always think of the simple things first. You have their map switcher thing I assume? No chance at all you had some other map running?

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
I was on the 93 tune. I never run shitty gas. And sense this has happened I've been to all kinds of gas stations, and used octane booster. And because of that I don't think it's fuel related.

I'd suppose there's a chance it was running the wrong map, maybe the 100oct map? Hmm. I could try switching to the 93 tune and log again.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I was on the 93 tune. I never run shitty gas. And sense this has happened I've been to all kinds of gas stations, and used octane booster. And because of that I don't think it's fuel related.

I'd suppose there's a chance it was running the wrong map, maybe the 100oct map? Hmm. I could try switching to the 93 tune and log again.

Like I said, it's typically better to think the most simply first.

Btw "since" not sense lol...a friendly gesture, not being an ahole