GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

revo tune??

tippah1

Ready to race!
Has anyone here got the revo tune yet??
I had stage 2 on my mk5 with dump pipe single cat and it was awesome. Never gave me any problems.
Im getting a mk6 in april so i will be getting it tuned also.
Im after a few reviews of the product for the TSI

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
im praying to god that it is awesome as im getting this soon :p

Jekyll991

Ready to race!
How hard is it to adjust the tune with SPS+?

I'm considering getting the revo since I won't be able to take advantage of APR's sale this month.. Going to wait until I have enough to pay the lease saved up and then some before I mod.

Beeb

Mk VI
except that revo has not released any North American software for the 2010's because they are super gay

/rant

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Giac has a deal right now that's $550 with stock and 91 tune plus the flashloader (+install). Not quite as good as APR's fully loaded deal, but 91 and stock are the only two modes I'd really be using anyway... and my shop is a GIAC shop. Might have to swing by and see how they're liking the tune on their in-house mk6 first...

pyro h4cker1

Ready to race!
Giac has a deal right now that's $550 with stock and 91 tune plus the flashloader (+install). Not quite as good as APR's fully loaded deal, but 91 and stock are the only two modes I'd really be using anyway... and my shop is a GIAC shop. Might have to swing by and see how they're liking the tune on their in-house mk6 first...

obviously they're going to love it

leslie

Ready to race!
im getting my revo software on saterday 9am..revo south africa's dyno stats are 189kw and 395nm i was told...stage one..i have an milltek cat back non res so im hoping to go for an milltek decat downpipe with the stage 2 revo very soon after stage one..i already bought apr intake stage 1 and 2..but as im in south africa it take 2 weeks to arrive...

will put on some dyno results next week ..

vman1979

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,
I have had the revo stage 1 software for about 4 months now! It is awesome. I have phoned revo today and the stage 2 remap for golf gti mk6 is coming out in 2 weeks.
I can't wait!

Beeb

Mk VI
so revo is going to be availible in north america?

or are they still shunning us?

don't they realize how many GTi's there are here?

and its the people who get the tunes first that tell everyone about it and increases buisness?

mikochu

boogerface
I was thinking about getting the GIAC setup this month to get that deal... I hear bad things about APR...and Revo, well their 2010 GTI flash seem to be non-existent in the US :(

Jekyll991

Ready to race!
Hrm, if revo doesn't release to the US I may have to go with a unitronic because I like the idea of doing a little self-tuning since no 2 cars will run the same with the same tune. I'd prefer revo for the simplicity + ability to adjust boost though.

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
I just got Bluefin today and OMG !!! i will leave it at that.

I literally drive around a euro golf kart now. Just WOW !!!

not even kidding

+49bhp
+90 nm tq

just wow..

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
By the way, it's important when comparing different tunes to note what their base numbers are, and whether they're comparing bhp or chp. Also note that "rolling road' dynos (as most everybody uses) aren't terribly accurate, at least from an engineering perspective - hub dynos or (even better, but not very feasible) engine dynos are much more reliable, repeatable, and accurate. If rolling roads were accurate, there shouldn't be a difference between dynos from the same company (which there are, if minor) or different companies (which there are significant differences between).

So, the best solution is to figure out power gains based on before/after (ideally on same day/same dyno/same car) in terms of percent - not just absolute gains. +49bhp sounds great, but if the "base" number was already 230 instead of another tuning company's 180hp, their +45bhp is actually more gain - by almost 4%!.

Gotta love marketing, huh?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor