GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS 510 sw4366 and updated Navteq Maps?

animatrix

Ready to race!
Can somebody else also help me out as I haven't even updated mine since I got my car.
I'm in the Scarborough/North York area.

My version says this...not sure if this determines what I need.

Delivery Port: 3C0035684E
HW version: H08
SW Version: 2625
Map Version: 7515

MitchPope

Ready to race!
2625 is the original firmware that shipped with early production cars. Definitely time for an update! If you can get up here I can lend you the discs to do the update over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

animatrix

Ready to race!
2625 is the original firmware that shipped with early production cars. Definitely time for an update! If you can get up here I can lend you the discs to do the update over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much appreciate it. Can you PM me your info....but I'm hoping to see if I find someone closer first. Can't believe I never did anything about this.

efa5

Ready to race!
Anyone have a DVD of the map update they don't mind mailing out? In Vancouver, will pay for shipping

michel

Ready to race!
Anyone have the latest maps and firmware posted somewhere for download? I'm on V4 maps and SW1140 (not sure how old this is and what I can update to? it's a 2010 GTI only updated once in 2012)

Willing to put them on a dvd and pass them around to ppl in mississauga or downtown TO (during the day).

Thanks guys.
-Mike

nik

Go Kart Champion
I have last year's rev of maps if you want. It's been sitting in my glove box for a while. Oddly enough I just use my phone since it doesn't take 45 minutes to type an address in on it like the RNS.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk

michel

Ready to race!
^Thanks; just an update - I ended up getting the v10 maps links from mk3vr6me and have not yet got this to work yet. At first I tried burning on my MacBook pro using disk utility on a Memorex dual layer DVD. I'm having issues where the install get's near the end and then loops back to 0% and starts over (as others mentioned). Sometimes getting 'disc error' messages in between.

I downloaded the links, un-zipped the first one only and burned the .iso. Don't think I missed anything? Not all the .rar's have to be un-archived correct?

Got Verbatim dvd's yesterday (As suggested), tried one and also had the same problem. My last resort is to try burning from my PC using ImgBurn by double clicking the .mds instead... will update the thread if that works tonight.

Otherwise, every time I enter a new DVD, it doesn't prompt me if I want to install the to the HDD or run off the disc - it only did this the first time. It just shows the progress bar and auto installs... not sure if that's normal? Guess I'm just worried my HDD is fried!

piebald_grue

Does navigation still work if the DVD isn't inserted? If yes then the HDD is still fine. I've only updated my maps a couple of times so I don't remember the process from memory, but I do remember that each step of the process takes an eternity and that each time I wonder if something has gone wrong.

mrhappy

Passed Driver's Ed
I think the upgrade process deletes old maps from HDD then starts copying. If copy doesnt complete, you cant use maps anymore (w/o DVD, that is) until you complete the update.

Good luck! In my experience, burning DVD as slow as you can will help.

michel

Ready to race!
Success! ImgBurn did it. So anyone with this problem, don't use Memorex dvd's and use a PC. Maybe I was doing something wrong with my Mac, but burning with ImgBurn worked on the first try...

edit: thanks mk3vr6me and everyone else.

gzhang

Hi michel, sent you a PM. I would like to get a copy for my Tiguan. in Toronto as well. thanks/George

^Thanks; just an update - I ended up getting the v10 maps links from mk3vr6me and have not yet got this to work yet. At first I tried burning on my MacBook pro using disk utility on a Memorex dual layer DVD. I'm having issues where the install get's near the end and then loops back to 0% and starts over (as others mentioned). Sometimes getting 'disc error' messages in between.

I downloaded the links, un-zipped the first one only and burned the .iso. Don't think I missed anything? Not all the .rar's have to be un-archived correct?

Got Verbatim dvd's yesterday (As suggested), tried one and also had the same problem. My last resort is to try burning from my PC using ImgBurn by double clicking the .mds instead... will update the thread if that works tonight.

Otherwise, every time I enter a new DVD, it doesn't prompt me if I want to install the to the HDD or run off the disc - it only did this the first time. It just shows the progress bar and auto installs... not sure if that's normal? Guess I'm just worried my HDD is fried!