GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RPM drops twice when upshift

milin

i noticed somthing strange about the way rpm behave lately. Driving in a city with light acceleration, the speed is climbing up and the gear up shifts. While it is doing so, the rpm would drop (as usual) but then it would drop again around 200rom or so. So sorry if this sounds confusing. I have recorded it in the vdo link below. The car didnt shake or anything - still a smooth ride. Greatly appreciate to hear your comment on this. Hope this is normal.

http://youtu.be/MrxnEmtNN6M

About my car: GTI MK6 50000km, DSg, APR Stage 2, cabonio intake, APR TBE, S3 IC, Unitronic DSG stage 1.

I have a clunnky DSG since forever. Always thought its mechatronic but the dealer said it's normal. :-(

Thank you

Azzore1

Ready to race!
This doesn't happen to me, I honestly have no idea what is going on but does it happen on manual too? Try that and see what happens, also try sport mode. If it's only on D then it might be the tune or something, but if it's in every mode then good luck :)

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Does this happen at WOT?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

milin

Thank you everybody. Just came back from 300km trip so i tested it a lot today. Here are the finding:
1. Only happen with light acceleration both in D and Manual modes
2. Does not happen when WOT.
3. Seems that the amount of the drop depends on how hard the car accelerate. With light one, it drops around 200-400rpm. The harder i accelerate, the lesser the drop is.
4. Car still drives fine. The shift is smooth and there is nothing out of norm.

Perhaps i was being too paranoid.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
It's okay. There are a dew threads on this. It's okay to be concerned. The general consensus is that it's the TCU trying to predict where the RPMs will be after the shift. Obviously you're still accelerating or deaccelerating even if you let off the gas for a second... So the car has to anticipate that for the smoothest shift.

If you think about it, this happens all the time. Even at WOT. But the reason you see it less and less as you're going faster is because that small adjustment is almost instantaneously passed (200 RPM).

Gti207

Ready to race!
Probably resolved already, but the same thing happens to me.... its normal.