GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S3 FMIC

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
The S3 FMIC should be great for you and your area.

I believe in your area, the S3 FMIC may not be great for you...I would recommend installing layers of these in your engine bay as needed:

BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

Ready to race!
I had the S3 FMIC installed (last mod) and noticed positive power gains in tempatures in the low to mid 70s F. More noticable when temps went into the 90s F and did not experience heat soak.

The S3 FMIC should be great for you and your area.

Last edited:

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
I wanted the S3 intercooler, but the wife vetoed it saying it would be great for my area and she wouldn't have any of that.

mattley crue1

Ready to race!
if there was ever an area such as yours i would consider thinking that by chance, an S3ic would be more or less suitable depending on what the temperature may or may be, but only taking into consideration, the temperature range in both english and metric... so once you consider the temperature ranges of your area, you can easily decide as to whether or whether not the S3ic would be ideal or less then ideal for your area. so when all things are considered you must choose wisely!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Gentlemen,

While highly entertaining, I did not intend for this to go off on tangent... "to another area", so to speak. my apologies, OP.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Gentlemen,

While highly entertaining, I did not intend for this to go off on tangent... "to another area", so to speak. my apologies, OP.

Fair enough...

If you're running stage 1 or stage 2, you might see a few HP/TRQ gain, but your biggest gains should be in the lack of heat soak compared to running the OEM FMIC.

Plac swears up and down that his car(s) feel quicker running the S3 FMIC, and he's done a lot of different mods.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
IC's hardly add power. Maybe a few HP here and there. But nothing that will actually be noticeable on a butt dyno.

Spool characteristics will change, thats why some will say it feels faster.

Overall it adds consistency from run to run or over a long span of time. I drove home yesterday in 95* + humidity and my car ran like a damn champ

GTIwannagofast

Ready to race!
IC's hardly add power. Maybe a few HP here and there. But nothing that will actually be noticeable on a butt dyno.

Spool characteristics will change, thats why some will say it feels faster.

Overall it adds consistency from run to run or over a long span of time. I drove home yesterday in 95* + humidity and my car ran like a damn champ

:thumbsup:

:burnrubber: @ 70F = :burnrubber: @ 95F = :D

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
WIth that being said.....the s3 will be perfect for you and your area