GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

San Antonio Spotted Thread

ColesMk6

Ready to race!
You want to buy my wheels? They are 18x8 ET45.

To answer your question, anywhere from ET48-35 is good for this car. Under 35 do not fit without modification to the fenders and over 48 is not flush enough with the fender IMO.

how much for your wheels?

kev055

Also I was reading on forums but wanted to confirm with vmr wheels they use oem lugs correct? The black things are covers right?

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion
ok cool, I was wondering cause I see a lot of wheels with our bolt pattern and hub size and all that theres either a 35 offset or 45 and wondering if 35 was too low.

Depending on if you're lowered or not, ET 35 can cause some rubbing issues. A slight roll on the fenders fixes that problem.

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion

kev055

Hey Goliath how about with lug bolts? Do vmr wheels use factory bolts like that are on my gti ?

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion
Hey Goliath how about with lug bolts? Do vmr wheels use factory bolts like that are on my gti ?

Yeah I think they use them same lugs. I would double check on that though. Contact the VMR vendor that is on here.

ColesMk6

Ready to race!

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
FYI OEM wheels are usually ball seat and aftermarket are usually conical seat lugs. The reason is that aftermarket wheels are not hub centric, so the lugs must center the wheel.

If you want to reduce the possibility of balancing issues go with conical seat lugs and hub rings.

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion
Straight trade for my Detroits lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already have a set of Detroits :p I have 3 sets of wheels... I need to sell these outright lol.

ColesMk6

Ready to race!
I already have a set of Detroits :p I have 3 sets of wheels... I need to sell these outright lol.

lol could never have to many detroits and you can get way more than 400 for the set :thumbsup: im gonna order alzor 349's eventually just would be way easier to sell or trade my detroits but i have no extra wheels

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
For those interested in the area, I have a crap-ton of parts that I will be taking off my car soon so that I can put the money into my FR-S.

Stuff that is available soon:

Hotchkis 27mm sway bar set
Ohlins R&T dampers (for stock springs, not coilovers)
Enkei RPF1 18x7.5 wheels
Dunlop Direzza ZII tires (pretty well gone, but maybe one more race left on them)
Golf R underbody trays
Spare set of OEM springs
Neuspeed Cat Back (available now because I never put it on my car)
Wheel studs & nuts (probably go with the wheels)
Passat aluminum steering knuckles

Other stuff that is available:
Lit Ejector Seat panel
GTI lanyard for holding stuff around your neck
GTI keychain thing
Red LEDs for interior
Black coolant cap
Cargo blocks (brand new, never used)

If you are interested in any of this, let me know so I can let you know availability and price in the near future. I'd prefer local pick up.

For the dampers especially, if you want to put them on as I take them off my car, I have garage space and could use the help, so that's something to consider too.

Cheers,
Chris

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
Oh, I almost forgot ...

Saw a 2 Door Carbon Steel at Wal Mart off of Jones Maltsburger near 410.

I parked, went inside for about 15 minutes and it was gone. Maybe around 7:30 tonight?

Anyone?

fkshtup

Ready to race!
Hey girls let's me up!!