GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SB Stage 3 drop in disc

tulip

Ready to race!
I believe my clutch is starting to go... It's not slipping yet but it's been biting higher and the first 2 inches of the clutch are super loose.

I'm thinking of getting the Southbend Stage 3 drop-in disk as it is much cheaper then other options and I'm on a fairly tight budget.

Anyone have any insight?

Andrew429

Ready to race!
Heres a link to a very long thread about this option: https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/southbend-stage-3-drop-in-review.237046/

few points to consider before going this route.., how many miles does your current flywheel and pressure plate have on it? Newer the better as this is an aggressive material on the flywheel side. I installed this drop in disc on my stage 2 gti at around 35k miles, currently at 110k and still no slippage. This disc does have a different feel as opposed to the OEM just as an FYI. I am not sure what's out there these days. There are many threads floating around about different options.

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Labor is 2/3 the cost. If you are in there. I'd replace it all, and never just one piece.

Everyone who did a disc only that I knew, regretted it later.

tulip

Ready to race!
Labor is 2/3 the cost. If you are in there. I'd replace it all, and never just one piece.

Everyone who did a disc only that I knew, regretted it later.
This is the sad truth I have realized after hours of looking into this... Sadly, I need a new clutch more than I want coilovers lol...

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Clutch before coilovers lol