GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

seanle GTI Journey!

seanle

Ready to race!
Just recently bought a 2013 GTI 6 speed on October 8, 2015 and made an account not too long ago.

The car already came with an APR tune (I think stage 1?), APR Carbonio intake,
exhaust (not sure what brand, but it sounds super nice), R8 coils, New south performance boost gauge,
black forest industries shift knob (I plan on going back to the stock knob),
KSPORT coilovers, Depo led tails, Eurosport stress bar, mud flaps, and BBS LM replicas lol.

With that said, I am IN LOVE with this car. It's funny, right after I got the car, a random stranger at the gas station went up to me and complimented me about my car. How awesome!

Anyways, I plan to consistently update this thread of my journey and mods for as long as I drive my GTI. :)

Sorry for the iPhone pics, I will have some nice quality pictures later but for now these will do.

First picture of the car 10/8/15

Pressure washed the engine

Just took off the bar a couple days ago and installed rear seats 10/14/15

Installed my California Legacy Plates today 10/19/15

Exhaust clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIOE4dEFGpQ

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Very cool! Just so you know, the Eurosport bar can be installed with the seats [emoji106]

seanle

Ready to race!
Thanks Dr Dad! Unfortunately, I need the space in the back so the bar had to go : (

Drove back from LA to OC the other night driving 55-60mph and got this .-.

seanle

Ready to race!
Thanks ibra8!

Just bought this RNS 315 unit! Should come sometime next week.
I'm hoping a kind soul on the forum can help me install and code it!

seanle

Ready to race!
Awesome. I'll give it a go once I receive the unit. Just ordered a prying kit on ebay lol.
Will probably need help with coding though.
I also have the base gti with no MFSW, does that affect the functionality of the rns 315?

seanle

Ready to race!
These tires are way too big.. I keep rubbing haha
they're pretty nice though. 235/40/18

Planning on getting these wheels sometime in the future!

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Nice! I had the OEM Interlagos wheels I loved them. If you're getting those in replica form, I recommend checking out ECS Tuning's Alzor replicas.

seanle

Ready to race!
Beautiful rims CarniifeX! They look pretty sweet on your car. Yea i saw them on the ecs tuning site, but it seems to be a little bit cheaper from oemwheelsplus. They're also conveniently located next to me so I can probably pick them up.

ibra8

Ready to race!
Awesome. I'll give it a go once I receive the unit. Just ordered a prying kit on ebay lol.

Will probably need help with coding though.

I also have the base gti with no MFSW, does that affect the functionality of the rns 315?

I'm not sure if it gonna affect the functionality or not but MFSW make it jobs easier and more convenient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanle

Ready to race!
Just received this in the mail! feels brand new.

Car is in the shop until monday. I will install as soon as I get my car back! Also found someone from vwvortex to help me out with the coding. found out the guy lives a couple blocks from me. yayy

seanle

Ready to race!
11/10/15
Installed the RNS 315
Easy plug and play. Didn't do any coding, but everything seems to work with no problems at all.

11/11/15
Spent all day with my partner filming his comedy short film!
here's a quick trailer :)
https://vimeo.com/145483936

11/12/15
car is still super dirty but getting the interior and exterior fully detailed this saturday!
also scheduled an appointment with Garden Grove Volkswagen for the current service campaign for the coolant pump replacement! I hope they replace my intake manifold as well because my CEL is on. code P2015
Took a couple crappy shots while I was at work lol. will dedicate more time into taking better pics when I have time lol
bought detroits from a fellow member here and I'm completely loving it.
planning to lower the car a little bit more :3

*BTW DOES ANYONE WANT TO TRADE THEIR DARK CHERRY TAIL LIGHTS FOR MY BLACK CHERRIES?

Last edited:

seanle

Ready to race!
Finally got the intake manifold replaced, runs so much better now..
Also got an oil change today at Volkswagen of Orange using a 2 for $70 groupon! they also replaced my water pump :3
I came back with a little surprise heh

Car freshly detailed