GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Service due in 20 days

r56mcs

Ready to race!
The sign showed up today at start up. It's been 9500 miles, 1 year.
Finally it gets an oil change... I drive it like I stole it so the oil should be pretty dirty.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Yes I've had this argument on other forums. Depending on which service you have set yours should be 10,000 miles or 1 year which ever comes first. Why does it show 9500 miles its a computer can't it do subraction? The same goes for the days.

I had mine serviced a couple of months ago and I didn't check the next serice info on the MFD for a couple of day. I check it and it said 9300 miles or 379 days. When I went to school there were 356 days in a year.

You would be better of having the service and reporting back whether they did it correctly.

I've read problems after a service that the service info doesn't show until you done a few hundred miles but its only guys in the US that complain of this.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15649

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
FAIL

The one year count down starts when the car was PDI, and not the day you bought it.
True 365 days quick typing. That still doesn't make sense because mine was PDIed 2 days before I picked it up. Even after it was serviced it should be reset to 1 year again.

I've read since that VW have an oil quality checker built in the engine so if the oil is good then it will extend the next service time mileage wise.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
356. Really?
When I went to school there were 365 days a year!

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
356. Really?
When I went to school there were 365 days a year!

LOL :lol: Well if you want to be accurate its 365.242199 days as I said its a typo.