GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slammed mk7 thread!!

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!
im not a huge fan of the slamming and tucking or poking(well i like to poke VAG) but i can definitely respect the work and money and time put into some of these awesome cars swflorida's mk6 is top two mk6's ive seen and the best example of the GTI, other is the blue mk6 .:R from romania. the air systems and lines are a work of art, if you cant understand that and come in here bashing then why waste your time, no one cares for your opinion in a "slammed mk7" thread so go elsewhere......maybe become friends with that red and black gold that is jacked up and has a brush gaurd on it and get your rocks off on seeing all the ugly pieces shown between fender and wheel, not to mention ugly body lines. lets face it a lowered Mk6 gti has some sexy lines, when not lowered, inmy opinion(which i dont care if someone disagrees) has some rather disproprtional lines that seem out of whack....
to the low...keep it up (or down) and lets see more pictures, no more talk!!!!!!

some copper colored 3 piece nues on that brown and id go get a personal loan to do that shit!!

manny2206

Ready to race!
im pretty sure VW is realizing more and more that bags/ lowering VWs is extremely common. they have moved from a aluminum oil pan on their cars to steel ones, the drain plug is no angled towards the back so it won't be ripped off, they also have moved the oil pan higher up now, so that the subframe hits before the oil pan... seems as if they expect people to lower these cars.

I'm pretty sure they are doing it, so when the c00l kidz with thier slammed shit, dont go back to the dealer to get replacement parts/labor under warranty

mully

Ready to race!
I am at a loss as to how a person can look at an aggressively low car and say it looks like crap. I don't like stupid -4 or more negative camber with super stretched tires, but a slammed, clean car is the definition of perfect. No gap, enough negative camber to enhance handling, with at least a 225 tire is just so awesome.

Skitals

Ready to race!

Unanimous Shoe

Passed Driver's Ed
I am at a loss as to how a person can look at an aggressively low car and say it looks like crap. I don't like stupid -4 or more negative camber with super stretched tires, but a slammed, clean car is the definition of perfect. No gap, enough negative camber to enhance handling, with at least a 225 tire is just so awesome.

Well how low is "aggressively low"? There's only been one example in this thread that approaches good-looking to me. The others just make me hate VW owners (especially knowing that horrible Sportwagen actually exists), but I won't get into that. I've already made my views clear in this thread and I'm not going to actively try to insult anyone.

I'd say lowering a car is good until the top of the tire is in line with the bottom of the fender arch. If the tire goes underneath, or God forbid, the wheel does, then I die a little inside. I don't understand what people in this thread mean when they say the body lines get better with a slammed or lowered car. Once there's no gap (however slight) between the tire and the fender arch, the lines start to clash...

This is okay/good:

This is dangerously close to ugly:

And this is full-on ugly:

ali1

Ready to race!
Well how low is "aggressively low"? There's only been one example in this thread that approaches good-looking to me. The others just make me hate VW owners (especially knowing that horrible Sportwagen actually exists), but I won't get into that. I've already made my views clear in this thread and I'm not going to actively try to insult anyone.

I'd say lowering a car is good until the top of the tire is in line with the bottom of the fender arch. If the tire goes underneath, or God forbid, the wheel does, then I die a little inside. I don't understand what people in this thread mean when they say the body lines get better with a slammed or lowered car. Once there's no gap (however slight) between the tire and the fender arch, the lines start to clash...

This is okay/good:

This is dangerously close to ugly:

And this is full-on ugly:

us slammed guys all appreciate youre honesty
but still we love the way a nice body looks when its on the ground
we all have diffrent taste!! thank god 4 that!!
dont get me wrong i also love some static rides but ill rather
slam my car on airride then going low on coils

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Thought I wouldn't like the mk7 but it looks pretty good. Well done.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2