GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So I hit a crazy bump while I was driving.

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
u know how the asphalt is wavy and sticking up in front of some bus stops?
maybe it's only here in Canada cuz they dont know how to fix or pave the road.

anyway yesterday it was dark and I went over one. I shouldn't have gotten close to bus stops but I was careless. my car is lowered and the part thats sticking upwards hit my engine cradle(or some call it subframe) close the the left front wheel.

It was loud, and I was going a good 40km/h. might be slower cuz I was just about to turn a corner into an alley.
Car is driving fine but there is metal clicking noise when I turn the steering almost all the way(it's not the sound I hear when steering is turned all the way)
sounds like something is loose, or slightly hitting each other. this noise was definitely not there till I hit that thing.

This morning I jacked up the front end and checked for damage. small scratch around the left edge of the cradle(right under the sway bar bushings) but nothing else.
As far as I can see, nothing is loose.
Noise is gone once car is jacked up. and comes back when on ground. so I guess it only makes noise under load.

The noise is not loud, and only happens when turning the wheels.

I'm not expecting an exact guess but could some of you experts tell me what could be the damage and if it's till safe to drive a long distance, like road trip?

Take video of the noise. I had a weird noise in my car and it turned out it was the steering rack heat shield. Only one other car that was at my dealer had that issue but they knew what it was right away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
I will try a video later today.

but could hitting the cradle cause heat shield issue?

If something shifted from impact I think it would be possible. Then again, this is a forum and only a few here are really qualified to answer your question online, but it seems logically possible.

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
If something shifted from impact I think it would be possible. Then again, this is a forum and only a few here are really qualified to answer your question online, but it seems logically possible.

yeah I understand. I gotta wait till Monday to go for an inspection so I thought why not have some opinion while I wait :D