GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So I just installed Depo LED tail lights today.

swc

Passed Driver's Ed
What a difference! My GTI looks so much newer car now. The fitment is excellent and the lighting quality is great. Another good thing about these lights is that I don't need a coding. Just simple plug and play. Installed them in 30 minutes from start to finish. I Love them! :thumbup:

Here are couple of quick phone pics. First pic shows the difference between stock and Depo.

Attachments

• IMG_1350.JPG
    IMG_1350.JPG
    428.9 KB · Views: 813
  • IMG_1352.JPG
    IMG_1352.JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 718

Vroomer

Banned
You need coding if you want them to be 100%, without it, when you go reverse they light up really weird, one looks different from the other, also if you want to remove blinking when you first turn them on. I have them as well, they definitely look good though.

swc

Passed Driver's Ed
You need coding if you want them to be 100%, without it, when you go reverse they light up really weird, one looks different from the other, also if you want to remove blinking when you first turn them on. I have them as well, they definitely look good though.
Really? I couldn't see them when I was going reverse.:lol: I will have my wife drive it and see how they look.

Looking good brother!! what color, dark cherry? cant wait to get mine 1 day soon..
They are dark cherry. They are darker but not much than stock, IMO.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
i got resistor boxes that i didnt install. Since my buddy with the cable is almost two hrs away, i might do that.

biped

Ready to race!
what is the part number on these? i can get depo stuff very cheap through work.

anyone have a part number for the cherries and darks?

jwal

Ready to race!

What coding is needed for these?

The Canuck

Ready to race!
Sorry, got distracted by the car next to yours.... Is that a Porsche? The tails look good. One of my items on my to do list.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie

Really? I couldn't see them when I was going reverse.:lol: I will have my wife drive it and see how they look.

What coding is needed for these?

This is only true if you have the set with rear fog, otherwise you will not need any coding done.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Sorry, got distracted by the car next to yours.... Is that a Porsche? The tails look good. One of my items on my to do list.

They're very nice, they don't last long on the marketplace though lol

swc

Passed Driver's Ed
They're very nice, they don't last long on the marketplace though lol
Were did u buy them
I bought them as used only 3 months from a forum member. Like CMGTI said they are very hot item on the FS section. After missing several sales, I finally found one with a great condition and price.:D

CMGTI

Ready to race!
I bought them as used only 3 months from a forum member. Like CMGTI said they are very hot item on the FS section. After missing several sales, I finally found one with a great condition and price.:D

Yep. I bought mine here 5 mins after the thread was posted haha.

swc

Passed Driver's Ed
Good eyes! :) Yes that's my Porsche 997 turbo with 650hp and 700tq.;)

Attachments

• IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    465.9 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_1332.JPG
    IMG_1332.JPG
    403.2 KB · Views: 389

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Never mind you answered right before i posted.

Last edited: