GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some White, 4-Door Action...

Wingscribe

Passed Driver's Ed
Just picked her up this morning...can't wait until I get to 1000 miles...this baby wants to go!

JeremiahIsaiah

Go Kart Champion
thats a really interesting read there

can any one else share some light on this as i will be receiving my gti shortly..

congratz on the car by the way

I did this when i picked up my 05 Civic Si brand new from the dealer, i drove it hard for the first 30 miles then did an oil change. Supposedly doing this gets everything in the motor to "sit" properly. None the less im now over 130,000 miles and the car has had no issues. :D

And to the OP, congrats!
4 doors for more whores. ;)

Wingscribe

Passed Driver's Ed
Been a busy day on my end...

Loving the car, but having quite a few adjustments...I have owned nothing but japanese cars all my life (okay, there was a 4-hour PT Cruiser thing, but that is another story) and many of the user inputs are counter to what I have been used to...

So what...this thing is freaking fast! My wife thought I was more than a little nuts for wanting a little hatch, then finally got the chance to drive it...I think another convert has been made...

Anyhoo, in addition to getting the kid seats installed, I managed to get in my first official mod, less than four hours after taking delivery:

I dropped $60 on this base to save $1700 on the Navi package...the phone mount was just a reuse from my TSX...enjoy!

scbastv

Ready to race!
Been a busy day on my end...

Loving the car, but having quite a few adjustments...I have owned nothing but japanese cars all my life (okay, there was a 4-hour PT Cruiser thing, but that is another story) and many of the user inputs are counter to what I have been used to...

So what...this thing is freaking fast! My wife thought I was more than a little nuts for wanting a little hatch, then finally got the chance to drive it...I think another convert has been made...

Anyhoo, in addition to getting the kid seats installed, I managed to get in my first official mod, less than four hours after taking delivery:

I dropped $60 on this base to save $1700 on the Navi package...the phone mount was just a reuse from my TSX...enjoy!

Where did you find this?

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
I did this when i picked up my 05 Civic Si brand new from the dealer, i drove it hard for the first 30 miles then did an oil change.

Was this some sort of typo? You changed your oil after 30 miles? Don't cars usually have more than or close to 30 miles on the odometer already when you take delivery?

Wingscribe

Passed Driver's Ed
The mount is from Seidio

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CK17SIPH3GC06

It is nice as it can work with your phone naked or in their case...either have their adapter in or out...

Bad sides are that you can only get power in...there is no using the connector in the console, you are pretty-much blue-toothin' it...Or use Aux, like I did in my TSX.

The base is from Kuda:

http://www.kudausa.com/kuda_mount_and_holder_for_volkswagen_gti_since_2010-45-642.html

I had to take off the plastic surrounds for the radio, HVAC, and shifter to get this on...final result is all right, but I had one in my TSX that fit slightly better and was a perfect match to the interior.

Next challenge? Get that God-Awful cord out of the way...I have to tap into some power at the fuse box or something like that...

Had my first dark drive last night...those HIDS leveling on start is really cool...

Today my goals are either (unlock on ignition off, or never lock in the first place) and make my darned SD card work for some tunes...(keeps giving the error, even though I have formatted it correctly...).

Will keep all of you posted...

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
I find that very hard to believe. How did they get it ON the truck? Crane? How did they get it off the assembly line?

In any case... what is the benefit of changing the oil after only 30 miles? This is the first time I've heard this.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Mine came right off the truck with 0 miles.

Don't think you looked hard enough - cars off the truck will come with somewhere between 20-40 miles from factory testing and port movement.

I test drove two GTIs that still had all shipping stuff on them except for the suspension blocks, that had only been driven off the truck and to their parking spaces, and they had about 24miles on them. They didn't even have any gas in them (well, less than a gallon - we had to drive them to a gas station before I could test drive), so I'm 100% positive they were NEVER driven except at the factory, onto the boat, off the boat, onto the truck, and off the truck to their parking spot at the dealer.

Zero46

Ready to race!
Don't think you looked hard enough - cars off the truck will come with somewhere between 20-40 miles from factory testing and port movement.

I test drove two GTIs that still had all shipping stuff on them except for the suspension blocks, that had only been driven off the truck and to their parking spaces, and they had about 24miles on them. They didn't even have any gas in them (well, less than a gallon - we had to drive them to a gas station before I could test drive), so I'm 100% positive they were NEVER driven except at the factory, onto the boat, off the boat, onto the truck, and off the truck to their parking spot at the dealer.

Mine had about 50 miles on it, but it was driven from another dealer about 25 miles away. When I bought my SRT it only had 6 miles on it.

Back on topic though. Congratz on getting your new car in the best color, everyone knows white is the fastest.