GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Southbend stage 2 daily silent (latest revision) review

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Update:
Clutch is holding up to any abuse I give it. It's amazing how much faster my car feels in all gears now that I'm not slipping. Probably wont be going k04 since it feels fast enough(it can never be fast enough ;))

At times I forget I have an aftermarket clutch. No noise and very easy engagement still.....

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Thanks man. You are going to love it.

From my research, organic clutches don't really require that much of a break in. 400-500 is fine. Just don't dump the clutch or do sudden impacts and you will be fine. I couldn't stay out of boost ;)

You were right. I am loving it and only 400 miles in. Still have not gone WOT. I did a couple of 3/4 pulls today and it had me grinning like a lunatic.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Dude it's awesome right? Am I right about how quiet it is and the drivability? I think you are good to go with the wot.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Dude it's awesome right? Am I right about how quiet it is and the drivability? I think you are good to go with the wot.

It's great! It does have a little chatter at idle, but nothing too bad. I'll have my shop listen to it Tuesday when I go in to have some more toys installed. I am quite curious if it will handle the 100 octane tune. Guess I'll know once I go back on the dyno and my w/m is straightened out.

Drivabilty is just like stock for sure.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for this review and the excellent videos. I definitely want a setup with little to no chatter at idle or driving while holding tuned power. Finally looks like there's a clear choice for anyone having those requirements.

Keep us updated as you rack more miles up on the setup. Good or bad.

JT641

Banned
Well my car will finally be going under the knife on Tuesday morning & I should have her back by early Thursday afternoon. I can hardly wait:D:D

ehancock

Ready to race!
I'll be ordering this tomorrow and probably be having hstuning install this and my k04 within the next week or so. I can't wait!

Kritter1

I just went k04 and immediately started slipping in 4|5|6. I am pissed I didn't have them do the clutch at the same time as I feel the need to baby it now.

My shop is recommending he southbend stage 3 endurance, and I'll be putting it in ASAP. 1000 mile break in sucks!!

JT641

Banned
I just went k04 and immediately started slipping in 4|5|6. I am pissed I didn't have them do the clutch at the same time as I feel the need to baby it now.

My shop is recommending he southbend stage 3 endurance, and I'll be putting it in ASAP. 1000 mile break in sucks!!

Stage 3 Endurance?! Prob overkill....

I concur, It is definetly OVERKILL not to mention noisy from what the shop doing mine said. Call up HS Tuning They're doing a Group Buy For South Bend Right Now, $1075 for the Stage 2 Endurance. The Stage 2 Endurance is capable of handling BT power, Mines being worked on as we speak & I'm definetly going K04 With the Possibility of going BT.