GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

@Southbend

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
Stage II Daily kit arrived yesterday. A few questions though. Should it have arrived assembled? Anything I should check on their assembly or take pictures of? So far I just took pictures of the kit as a whole and of the flywheel teeth. Also they did not include an alignment tool, how critical is their specific tool to this specific clutch? Shouldn't a regular alignment tool be fine? I noticed there's is a bit fancy with teeth and a handle.

kashak

Ready to race!
Yes, they come assembled. How was the packaging? I heard a few stories of packaging material getting inside the pressure plate(i think) and causing troubles. Other than that just hope for the best :)

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
Packaging was flawless. Already contacted DBC about the missing alignment tool and they emailed me this morning apologizing and saying they were sending it out today. Even if the shop that's installing it doesn't need it, at $925 I want everything I paid for. :)

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
Amazing clutch. Install went smooth for the shop and surprisingly my clutch is smooth like butter and completely silent, no chatter at all. Berk at DBC has been great in helping me with any questions I had about the clutch so I highly recommend if you get this clutch, consider purchasing from them.

So far I only have about 200 miles on it so I haven't gone WOT yet but for around town driving this clutch feels much better than stock.

AaronC1

Ready to race!
No chatter, but you have the non silent clutch?

allset

Go Kart Champion
The silent kit has known issues. i know 2 people personally that have the silent kit and had the same issues as OP, getting stuck in gear. Sitting at a green light with ppl honking, unable to get the car into gear.

On the other hand i run the SB drop in disc, been in for a year from stage 2 to ko4. performs perfectly.Still holding the power. Although the drop in disc is not sprung hub.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
The silent kit has known issues. i know 2 people personally that have the silent kit and had the same issues as OP, getting stuck in gear. Sitting at a green light with ppl honking, unable to get the car into gear.

On the other hand i run the SB drop in disc, been in for a year from stage 2 to ko4. performs perfectly.Still holding the power. Although the drop in disc is not sprung hub.

Isn't that just the "old" version where the disc was too thick? As far as I've heard, they resolved all of the issues with the newest version of the silent clutch. They supposedly fixed the won't go into gear issue, as well as the springs in the center hub popping out since they used a different design where it can have some axial movement without working the springs out. Thanks to VW for making our cars without a goddamn pilot bearing.. that's why the input shaft wobbles in the first place

great, more things to worry about before going k04...

kniteshift

Ready to race!

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
I have the new revision of their endurance non silent...so here goes nothin.

Cinnamon is tasty yo!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So coming from the diesel truck world, Cummins to be exact I already have tons of horror stories about SBC. I never intended to buy one for my mk6 simply because they don't hold the hp and tq advertised for the diesel market and are very over priced.

My question is what is a safe option for Stage 2-stage 3 power levels...or is there one?

My clutch has slipped since the day I installed my GSP V1 Fmic...the added power pushed it to the point of slipping but only on cold soaked drives. Say anything under 40* out side temp before I've driven 15 mins or more. If I hop in my car, allow it to come off high idle, drive easy till it reaches 190* water temp (my usual habit I never break, don't want to blow up a brand new car) then get on it hard it slips extremely bad. But once I've drove 15 mins or so it's fine so I just take it easy and its been 15,000 since it started slipping under these conditions, no change.

I contacted Valair Clutch, the company I've had two Cummins clutches from asking if they would custom build a mk6 clutch to avoid SBC. Would anyone else want to give them a try? They're located in TX and I'm in Ohio so R&D on my car is out of the question. They're very good to work with as they replaced my first clutch I ordered from them, allowing me to use the money I had already spent towards a better model AND told me I could keep/sell/do whatever with the first they sent me!

So I paid $300 for a 300hp/700ft lbs clutch that wouldn't hold my power (under estimated by me/not their fault), then only $600 for their $900 600hp/1000ft lbs full sprung hub ceramic clutch set up and free shipping! Awesome guys, made in the USA. Top notch same day customer support and they are a great value at half the price of SBC. Somebody please get the ball rolling for them to build a complete stage 3 clutch for our cars or direct me to a company who can since SBC CLEARLY CONNOT

9V7W3

Ready to race!
Sorry to bump this old thread.. But I recently had a Stage 2 Endurance clutch kit (KFSIF HD OFE) installed in my 2012 Volkswagen Golf R. After break in period, I'm experiencing worse and worse shifting.. Mainly gear lockouts. For example, at stoplights I won't be able to put it in first gear at all with clutch pedal fully on the ground. Sometimes during regular shifting it will get stuck in gear as well and it will take excessive force to take it out of that gear usually resulting in slight gear grinding. Yesterday it actually got stuck in reverse in my driveway and I couldn't pump the clutch because I was in front of my garage door so I had to shut the car, force it out of gear, start it back up, and then try 3 times befor it would let me in first gear.. I've already been back to the reputable shop that installed it and they tried bleeding the system and it didn't help. I was going to have them tear apart the car again because it's really becoming a nuisance now but I found this thread and see that some of you had similar problems in these cars and there was apparently a modification to the plates? It looks like there was a revision to the kit from the email from southbend in this thread and I'm not sure which version I have. My car had no shifting problems at all before installing this clutch and it grabs great, but it is my daily driver and I can't have this reliability problem anymore. What do I do!! Aah!!