GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spark plugs and red tops

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so then OE and OEM are different (which I didn't realize either), so do these companies build them to OE spec? Which ones are better if any?

firsttimebuyer

Ready to race!
Ok, so then OE and OEM are different (which I didn't realize either), so do these companies build them to OE spec? Which ones are better if any?

I dont know, the answer to any of this lol. However it was explained to me by and ecs employee that they are made in the same place they just dont have all the vw audi branding and date marks and such.

I sell parts that are oe aftermarket or oem the difference in my shop is one is not sold by the dealer and one is. Both however are made to spec or exceed the spec.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I dont know, the answer to any of this lol. However it was explained to me by and ecs employee that they are made in the same place they just dont have all the vw audi branding and date marks and such.

I sell parts that are oe aftermarket or oem the difference in my shop is one is not sold by the dealer and one is. Both however are made to spec or exceed the spec.

I guess it's the same as the rev D valve having the VW/AUDI name and the Pierburg version.

Hoosier Daddy1

Ready to race!
Took out the BKR7EIX's I had gapped at 0.065mm, think that's 0.025". Had them for about 14000km with the K04 on a custom tune, car is running lean and hot. Put the 8's in, will log today and they're gapped at 0.024" or 0.061mm

firsttimebuyer

Ready to race!
Took out the BKR7EIX's I had gapped at 0.065mm, think that's 0.025". Had them for about 14000km with the K04 on a custom tune, car is running lean and hot. Put the 8's in, will log today and they're gapped at 0.024" or 0.061mm

Yeah these where not recommended to me with a ko4 just the stock turbo.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
No worries, i cried a little in the restroom from you talking mean to me but its all good now. :lol:
Well dont i feel like a big ol' jerk. :(

I had a low idle misfire and it was breakin up throughout the power band so switching made a very noticeable difference. I am a little rough on the low end again but i dont know exactly what it is yet. I assume a coil but i need to poke around somemore.

And i stand corrected. :rolleyes: :p

*EDit

Did you change your plugs too? How do they look? Maybe your plugs are burnt up? I dunno lots of little gremlins it could be lol

firsttimebuyer

Ready to race!
I did change my plugs at the same time i did the coils since i bought the kit from ecs. I used the bkr7iex at .028 which i did get unitronic approval on before install. lol the plugs i pulled out where installed by ford before i bought the car, (used car dealership) and they had 3 different plugs in there i swear to god. So i really hope my new plugs are not the issue.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Plugs and coils come in tomorrow, good thing too, car is seriously running rough.

To make sure, I read 30 nm, so 22 ft lbs is what the conversion I see says. Sound about right?