GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM Intercooler Technical Review (Other IC Discussion)

A_Bowers

i agree. im still at the SPM IC if any.. i can't keep throwing money around like i have the last couple years. then again, i don't really want to deal with that job again either..

For 565 it's a steal considering equivalent cores are a minimum of 200 more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

P

plac

For 565 it's a steal considering equivalent cores are a minimum of 200 more.

i don't think its available for shipping quite yet tho, anyway. and when its introduced.. it maybe be $100 less for review customers.. now for $465... i'd have to get it.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
i agree. im still at the SPM IC if any.. i can't keep throwing money around like i have the last couple years. then again, i don't really want to deal with that job again either..

what about the Godspeed FMIC and do a "twintercooler" set up with the s3? Should be an improvement.

I mean I guess you could sell the S3 for a decent price and get the SPM and the total cost would be about the price of the Godspeed FMIC, if not a little less...you just have to do that job again.

A_Bowers

i don't think its available for shipping quite yet tho, anyway. and when its introduced.. it maybe be $100 less for review customers.. now for $465... i'd have to get it.

I'm waiting on mine. Would have had it here prob this week or next, but one of the hoses was missing from mine. Had two of the same hose. Jared at SPM has been great to work with, and said it should be shipping out by the week of the 24th

Others have already gotten theirs.

P

plac

I'm waiting on mine. Would have had it here prob this week or next, but one of the hoses was missing from mine. Had two of the same hose. Jared at SPM has been great to work with, and said it should be shipping out by the week of the 24th

Others have already gotten theirs.

oh, it must be one of their other products im thinking of.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Wait, are you saying all of the recent SPM "reviews" are paid for?

I haven't offered any personal opinion of the product, so the price I paid is irrelevant. I have only offered photos and will be posting logs. Nothing the price I paid would change. Grambles got his APR intercooler for free, does that mean his opinion on the matter carries less weight (no)?

A_Bowers

I haven't offered any personal opinion of the product, so the price I paid is irrelevant. I have only offered photos and will be posting logs. Nothing the price I paid would change. Grambles got his APR intercooler for free, does that mean his opinion on the matter carries less weight (no)?

I paid full price for mine. I am definitely Going to consider that in my review though. I keep preaching that is one of their selling points.

It might nit be the tip top best of the best as far as performance goes, but it "should" perform much better than the OEM unit.

And at a totally reasonable price.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
It might nit be the tip top best of the best as far as performance goes

The best part of this whole thing is it may still be "the tip top best of the best as far as performance goes" for all we know. I have still yet to see one shred of actual real world data that shows the APR intercooler performing better than the SPM.

A_Bowers

The best part of this whole thing is it may still be "the tip top best of the best as far as performance goes" for all we know. I have still yet to see one shred of actual real world data that shows the APR intercooler performing better than the SPM.

That is true.

It's so hard to say for a fact comparing these two at the moment. I'm just ready to have mine at the house.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
It's IMPOSSIBLE to say for a fact comparing these two at the moment. I'm just ready to have mine at the house.

FTFY :D Think how I feel, it's been sitting in my garage for weeks now! I just want my car back!

A_Bowers

FTFY :D Think how I feel, it's been sitting in my garage for weeks now! I just want my car back!

I don't blame you. Jared@SPM emailed me right after I bought the IC and said, as I was boxing it up, I noticed that we had two of the same hose. Bummer.

Almost. Soooo close.