GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spring Install in the Area

dougyfresh13

Passed Driver's Ed
Live In Nashua, But Id be willing to travel a bit to get this done. I have checked with the shops around me and they are quoting me at like $400 to install the Eibach springs I just purchased. I am only installing the springs on the stock struts.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good, local shop that could do the job for a better price?

I have a buddy with all the tools necessary but he doesn't like working on VWs so im searching out my other options.

thanks for the help!

DaWoLF

Ready to race!
its amazingly easy to do yourself. You only need the two special tools and after that is household tools. I did it myself this sunday and in all reality people over hyped it. i Did all of them without having to remove shafts and all bolts and such, just the necessary's for the install. It was very easy. just need an extra set of hands for safety.

BeauG

Ready to race!
Check out DTM Autowerks in Milford. The owner Ian is a great guy, I've had quite a few things done there, he put my H&R coilovers on for just over 200 so I would imagine the price for just springs to be less expensive than that.

http://www.vwtuningnh.com/

dougyfresh13

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Guys. There have been posts here saying installing springs is a pain and others saying it's not that big of a job. I would like to be a part of the process so maybe I can get my buddy to do it for some beer.

dougyfresh13

Passed Driver's Ed
Dtm gave me $200 quote which is more than reasonable. I'd rather not have to inconvenience my friend for a couple hours on a weekend. Im gonna visit the shop today and talk it over with the guys. I'd rather have it done right by people who know what's going on rather than have my friend guess at what he's doing since he is unfamiliar with VW.

MR.DONK

at 200 bucks sounds like that shop is desperate for work , good mechanics wont even tell you what time it is for 200 bucks!

BeauG

Ready to race!
at 200 bucks sounds like that shop is desperate for work , good mechanics wont even tell you what time it is for 200 bucks!

Ian prices his work fairly and I have yet to see the shop without something being worked on.. Don't make assumptions, if you paid more then you should have looked around.

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!

I've got a deal going with a local guy (2 man shop) in my area that does suspention & alignments. Been using for 20 + years. Did a spring swap and 4 wheel align on my Acura for 200.00 cash a couple of months ago. Having him do GTI next week for same $.

Guess it's who ya know.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
dougy, did you end up getting this done at DTM? I haven't even taken delivery of my 2012 yet but I suspect some coilovers will be in my near future. If they do the install for ~200 that would surely beat me stressing out over taking it apart for a whole day/weekend by myself.

dougy, did you end up getting this done at DTM? I haven't even taken delivery of my 2012 yet but I suspect some coilovers will be in my near future. If they do the install for ~200 that would surely beat me stressing out over taking it apart for a whole day/weekend by myself.

More than happy to do a spring/coil over/air install. Done it numerous times on my mk6 and a ton of other ones. Plenty of people to ask about it.:thumbsup:

BeauG

Ready to race!
someone who owns a shop and tell you 200 bucks for that job is a desperate hack donkey , period.
donks!

I'm sorry that you've likely been ripped off in the past, but again...Keep your mouth shut about people you don't know.

Last edited: