GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spulen Coilovers?

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Just get some solo werks. They're basically like any other cheap coilover except they come with camber plates which you probably don't even need.

Labbatt33

Ready to race!
Just get some solo werks. They're basically like any other cheap coilover except they come with camber plates which you probably don't even need.

I like how the dampening is adjustable on these and the solo works don't come with adjustable end links.

blue2.8

Ready to race!
never heard of the spulen coilovers. they do look nice. I was just about to buy some ST coils but now I'm reconsidering

these do say Golf R so I assume the spring rates are a little off from golf/gti coils?

Labbatt33

Ready to race!
never heard of the spulen coilovers. they do look nice. I was just about to buy some ST coils but now I'm reconsidering

these do say Golf R so I assume the spring rates are a little off from golf/gti coils?

They have a different p/n for the GTI ones.

REIGNSPEED

Ready to race!
Never heard of Spulen; would have to do a search for reviews maybe from different applications. BC Racing and VMaxx offer good variants with dampening adjustment and linear spring options.

Blue you are likely correct, different P/N due to a spring rate change.

rpc07

Ready to race!
I've been running these for about 700 miles and there great. Ride nice a smooth go super low and the front camber plates allow me to run 18x9.5 et34 up front with -3 camber.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
spulen is the new off brand on the market. usp sells all of their stuff. these should be the same as ksport/bc racing/megan racing/etc. they're "ok" but not really performance coilovers.

REIGNSPEED

Ready to race!
Good to hear Rpc
I'm hesitant to put all these brands in the same "bucket" so to speak based on their physical appearance or that their damper bodies and shafts may come from the same supplier.

OP At the end of the day it all depends on your personal preference and what you value in an aftermarket suspension

Last edited:

rpc07

Ready to race!
Good to hear Rpc
I'm hesitant to put all these brands in the same "bucket" so to speak based on their physical appearance or that their damper bodies and shafts may come from the same supplier.

OP At the end of the day it all depends on your personal preference and what you value in an aftermarket suspension

I have never owned bc or ksport coils which these closely resemble but what i can tell you about the spulen coils is they are built well, they are very solid and no part of them feel like a cheap or budget coilover even down to the locking collars. obviously these are not 5k penske's but for a solid street coil over that goes low and has camber plates these are a good buy. My car is sitting at 23ftg front and 23.25 rear and i have enough threads front and back to make my car un drivable.

USPMotorsports

Ready to race!
Let me know if you have any questions about these. We would be happy to answer.

Thanks for the feedback: Rpc07!

Before we worked to bring these to market there were several changes, changes that some of the brands mentioned above would not consider since they are not VW, Audi, Porsche people. We tested these for months and are still being used on the test vehicles.

The fact that they come with the camber plates, adjustability and inclusion of end links - we found would really set these systems apart from the the rest of the companies in the similar price range.

Thanks,
Phil

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Never buy safety related parts like tires, brakes and suspension
from unknown companies (say, noone has reliable experience with
these).
You don't save money, you might waste your hard earned money,
as you'll have to spend it twice.

luis.adrian.ramos

Passed Driver's Ed
I was going to get those spulen coils. But then I came across the h&r ss coils and they look pretty good. I hope they are. If not spulen is the way to go.