GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SRE Clutch - Sachs OEM+ Clutch Review - The real alternative for tunned GTIs!

webcrawlr

Ready to race!
One of these cars is a 2.0 TSI Scirocco with 278PS and 423Nm with around 30k miles on the stock DMF and with the Sachs pressure plate and clutch disk since last January.

The other is also a 2.0 TSI Scirocco with a K04 and Revo software, the owner is a member of this forum, and has about 37k miles on the ODO, but I know this one is used very very hard, it has now the stock pressure plate, disc and DMF but with a Leon Cupra R gearbox. About the power I would say around 380PS from some test with similar powered cars... :D

Hope this helps.

Interesting. Both cars are starting to get noise from the OEM flywheel though? I was hoping the OEM DMF would hold up a little better than that, especially at the 400Nm torque range.

mg_90

Interesting. Both cars are starting to get noise from the OEM flywheel though? I was hoping the OEM DMF would hold up a little better than that, especially at the 400Nm torque range.

Yes, both of them.

However the K04 Scirocco is making a lot of power, so in my opinion is not that strange that the OEM DMF is making noise.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Any updates on he clutch?

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
Love it, runs perfect, still waiting on having other members drive it, but there have been no get togethers in Toronto.
No problem with cold weather.

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
This is what I did
carsfeverguy said:
dviggen said:
Hi,

I was reading your review on the Sachs SRE clutch kit...and I was wondering if you could send me a pic of your "clutch stopper"? I just put a SRE kit on my Golf R...and the pedal is a touch high for me....

Thanks in advance....

-Eric

Sorry for the blurry iphone pics but you will see what I did. I used a piece of trim I had lying in the garage...I do not know the origin of the trim... Used a zip-tie to hold it in place. The trim was taller, but I shaved to the amount needed where the Gears engaged effortlessly as well as where the car would start with the clutch in. I have had this setup for 5000kms with no issue. I love my SRE Clutch.

There are other ways of doing it, At the beginning I tried a door stop from home-depot, one of the half ball flexible ones, with adhesive... fixed to where the arm of the pedal hits the stopper...too ghetto.

The stopper on the firewall has a grommet, that can be
removed and I thought about putting a blocker in there, but I thought that would get destroyed over time... That's why I did this... easily removable and reversible.

IMG_0323 by tudorior, on Flickr

IMG_0322 by tudorior, on Flickr

IMG_0320 by tudorior, on Flickr

IMG_0316 by tudorior, on Flickr

IMG_0319 by tudorior, on Flickr

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Awesome... where did you find that piece? looks different from the link.

Also, how much was shipping from Germany?

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
Awesome... where did you find that piece? looks different from the link.

Also, how much was shipping from Germany?

That's because it has nothing to do with the stopper from that link...
Just a piece of trim I found in the garage, but it works rather well. The part that hits the firewall was longer, and I used an exacto knife to trim to the desired length. Held in by racecar proven zip tie :D

Shipping is only 100 or so dollars
It's the conversion from euros that stings.
Then again, OEM+ :D:D:D

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
That's because it has nothing to do with the stopper from that link...
Just a piece of trim I found in the garage, but it works rather well. The part that hits the firewall was longer, and I used an exacto knife to trim to the desired length. Held in by racecar proven zip tie :D

Shipping is only 100 or so dollars
It's the conversion from euros that stings.
Then again, OEM+ :D:D:D

I think I did the conversion recently. It was about $1800 + shipping. That sound about right? Ugh, I cannot come to terms w/ it. That's a K04 kit...

djaikon

Ready to race!
How's the clutch doing now? I'm looking at options as my CM FX350 just shit the bed after a year.

djaikon

Ready to race!
It's slipping on WOT in 3rd-6th gear. Stock, 91 and 93 octane settings. Not too happy about it either