GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ST Suspensions XTA Coilovers

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
The new options from ST are quite nice and open up more adjustment for chassis that were lacking. If anyone needs pricing on KW or ST products let us know!

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
any follow up on these? curious to hear about these as Im considering all options for something more aggressive. looking at PSS10's, R1's, Ground Control sleeves with 300-350lbs springs, and these.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
any follow up on these? curious to hear about these as Im considering all options for something more aggressive. looking at PSS10's, R1's, Ground Control sleeves with 300-350lbs springs, and these.

This is definitely what you want. My suspension setup has become much more aggressive with these installed. It's been a long road with the VWR subframe kit, strut tower modification (to access camber plates), new tires, setting ride height, messing with noisy adjustable end links and fine tuning the XTA damping ability. I am finally at the point where the car is absolutely even in terms of front left and right ride height and rear left and right ride height. The icing on the cake will be my corner balancing and final alignment appointment I have on Wed. The shop I'm going to will adjust end links as well so there is no sway bar pre-load.

I will have a full review on these coil overs shortly but I will tell you that they now have linear springs in the front and much beefier rear progressive springs. With the right damping rates, my traction has improved vastly and front end lift/rear squat has decreased a ton.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
This is definitely what you want. My suspension setup has become much more aggressive with these installed. It's been a long road with the VWR subframe kit, strut tower modification (to access camber plates), new tires, setting ride height, messing with noisy adjustable end links and fine tuning the XTA damping ability. I am finally at the point where the car is absolutely even in terms of front left and right ride height and rear left and right ride height. The icing on the cake will be my corner balancing and final alignment appointment I have on Wed. The shop I'm going to will adjust end links as well so there is no sway bar pre-load.

I will have a full review on these coil overs shortly but I will tell you that they now have linear springs in the front and much beefier rear progressive springs. With the right damping rates, my traction has improved vastly and front end lift/rear squat has decreased a ton.

yeah, these do seem interesting, no question and the price point is really great. so how are you adjusting rear rebound? your input on these will be interesting since you can directly compare to your regular ST's.

I love my ST's, and have been meaning to finally review them after a couple months of driving on them. The short, they are perfect for DD, but I lost some of the performance that I had with DG springs/OEM shocks but I gained more comfort and was able to dial in height (Im at 25ftg). Turn in is softer and there is more bounce. At 50-60mph in canyons, my car can bottom out on dips and I feel these just arent the right coilover for this type of driving. I wish the rebound was set a bit more firm or adjustable. Maybe I would love them then? They are amazing on the highway and feel very smooth. To me, this is just too soft and more for comfort.

I hope you love these, and tell us how they feel after the honeymoon period wears off. :thumbsup:

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
yeah, these do seem interesting, no question and the price point is really great. so how are you adjusting rear rebound? your input on these will be interesting since you can directly compare to your regular ST's.

I love my ST's, and have been meaning to finally review them after a couple months of driving on them. The short, they are perfect for DD, but I lost some of the performance that I had with DG springs/OEM shocks but I gained more comfort and was able to dial in height (Im at 25ftg). Turn in is softer and there is more bounce. At 50-60mph in canyons, my car can bottom out on dips and I feel these just arent the right coilover for this type of driving. I wish the rebound was set a bit more firm or adjustable. Maybe I would love them then? They are amazing on the highway and feel very smooth. To me, this is just too soft and more for comfort.

I hope you love these, and tell us how they feel after the honeymoon period wears off. :thumbsup:

I adjusted rear rebound right before installation after a ton of research and landed with 50% soft / 50% hard. Right in the middle and I couldn't be happier.

Agreed, ST kit is a perfect DD but if you are an aggressive DD, you can step up to the adjustable XTA kit which offers so many features over the standard ST kit. The linear spring feel you loved with the DG's is now back in the front end while the rear gets a beefier progressive spring. I was able to dial in at 25.25" front and 25.50" rear perfectly even on each side as I was preparing for this Wed's upcoming corner balance and alignment session. As for bounce, the ST's had more of it. The XTA's in the beginning were bouncy but it was only during break in, this has since gone away.

Ha honeymoon phase.... I'm well out of that, these have been on since the beginning of January. I made sure to run them in the coldest weather and now 70's as of today. I'm 3 months in so far.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I adjusted rear rebound right before installation after a ton of research and landed with 50% soft / 50% hard. Right in the middle and I couldn't be happier.

Agreed, ST kit is a perfect DD but if you are an aggressive DD, you can step up to the adjustable XTA kit which offers so many features over the standard ST kit. The linear spring feel you loved with the DG's is now back in the front end while the rear gets a beefier progressive spring. I was able to dial in at 25.25" front and 25.50" rear perfectly even on each side as I was preparing for this Wed's upcoming corner balance and alignment session. As for bounce, the ST's had more of it. The XTA's in the beginning were bouncy but it was only during break in, this has since gone away.

Ha honeymoon phase.... I'm well out of that, these have been on since the beginning of January. I made sure to run them in the coldest weather and now 70's as of today. I'm 3 months in so far.

if you've been on these for 3 months, I trust your judgement. you know the pros, and the cons. As we all know, no suspension is perfect. It's about making compromises and getting what you can afford for what suits your needs.

my only grip with these and others like it is the rear adjustment. I like to tinker and I wouldnt be able to adjust and play with them as often as I like, but once I found what I liked, I know Id leave it there and never mess with it. And the twin tube shock really is nice for DD + spirited driving/canyons. The comfort is there.

thanks for the feed back, these seem great and Im stoked you took a chance on these AND glad they are working out for you. Ill certainly consider these but PSS10's are on my short list right now. tough choices ahead. :D