GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 GTI vs newer WRX hatch (with led tails)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
after the first 40-50 feet, the K04 GTI should blast off on a WRX or STI.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
Not from a dig but maybe from like 25. The WRX's are actually faster than the STI's in the 1/4 due to gearing.

slackin via taptalk

not much hangs with them from a dig, when they are driven right

the wrx is ALMOST as fast in a 1/4...it is probably faster in an 1/8...the 1/4 mile gives the sti the advantage of more power back

either way the 5 speed in the wrx is something I would avoid...subaru's track record with the 5 speed is terrible

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
either way the 5 speed in the wrx is something I would avoid...subaru's track record with the 5 speed is terrible

The 'glass transmission' is a myth started by a few new Subaru owners that thought they should be able to side-step their clutch like they did in their previous Honduhs. It all depends on the driver. I sold my Forester with 126k on it and no problems, but I could also launch it with all four wheels spinning at least a few times a month. Because I knew what I was doing. Original clutch, original gears.

On the other hand (and to your point), I wouldn't have let just anyone drive my Forester. You have to respect the fact that with AWD, all four wheels grip and so the weakest point in a bad/shocking launch may be the gears/axles/etc instead of the tires losing traction.

Anyhow, just saying Subaru transmissions aren't junk.

OP, too bad to hear you couldn't keep up. I'm planning to go Stage 1 in my GTI because I miss the power way too much, but I don't really want to do more than that. I guess I'll just have to be satisfied that a modified Subie will always pull on me! :(

Mk6Pul

Passed Driver's Ed
Stock they make around 230whp at 3200 lbs. So do the math from there...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
I'm pretty partial to the STi hatch over the WRX hatch only because I want TeH full p0wahz. I don't want five forward gears either :X

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
Requiring 0 shifts or only 1st gear to run a sweet< 5.0 0-60 is hard to compete with even with more powerfull cars. Stage 1-DSG GTI however should easily take lead from a roll.

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
Stock they make around 230whp at 3200 lbs. So do the math from there..

if youre not dsg get your shifts in quick and you will win no doubt about it. get him to race you from 35-40

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
This thread kinda gives me hope. I thought the gti would never be able to keep up with a wrx. Turns out all I need now is a k04 lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk