GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 is

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
You literally are just given a piston with the Autotech kit and a set of instructions to do it in your garage.

With the Autotech HPFP kit you are expected to install it yourself and most people who install this kit are not entirely sure how the HPFP system operates or appreciate the level of precision that needs to go into the process.

^Yeah... that would be me:lol:

Thanks for an explanation that makes a hell of a lot of sense!

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I paid $900.00 for a new APR HPFP from USP Motorworks during the APR sale. For that price, it is really a no brainer. They usually run a sale during the holidays.

I saw it at Waterfest for $799. I'm 99.73% sure that I wouldn't have the patience to wait till next year for that price. $101 dollars more for a holiday sale makes sense... unless a certain member here comes through with the "pay-it-forward" initiative!

copizza

Ready to race!
I saw it at Waterfest for $799. I'm 99.73% sure that I wouldn't have the patience to wait till next year for that price. $101 dollars more for a holiday sale makes sense... unless a certain member here comes through with the "pay-it-forward" initiative!

Waterfest would be fun, however its not an option from Colorado. But if you are just going to try and save $100.00, wouldnt it cost more in Jersey Turnpike tolls and gas just to get there? :)

You can install the HPFP as well. It's easy!

I started the pay it forward initiative! Wish more people would step up!

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Waterfest would be fun, however its not an option from Colorado. But if you are just going to try and save $100.00, wouldnt it cost more in Jersey Turnpike tolls and gas just to get there? :)

You can install the HPFP as well. It's easy!

I started the pay it forward initiative! Wish more people would step up!
This Ice Coast skier is jealous of your location!

Yeah, true that the trip to WF eats up the savings but if you are going anyway it works:thumbsup:

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
^Yeah... that would be me:lol:

Thanks for an explanation that makes a hell of a lot of sense!

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Today I have taken a major step that altered my path to stage 2+.

I dumped unitronic altogether and went APR Stage 1+ with the hpfp rebuild and Carbonio intake. So far I feel like I did the right thing because power delivery is much smoother.

Up next is the DP/TBE with FMIC. I haven't decided exactly which setup but the timing will be this coming spring.

I'll report back after a few more days of driving!

Beers!

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
Good call on the rebuilt APR pump. I went this route and my car felt great (Stg 2 MKV GTI)
A friend of mine went Autotech pump and it crapped out on him. He ended up picking up my pump when I parted my car. It's still running strong 3 years after being rebuilt.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Today I have taken a major step that altered my path to stage 2+.

I dumped unitronic altogether and went APR Stage 1+ with the hpfp rebuild and Carbonio intake. So far I feel like I did the right thing because power delivery is much smoother.

Up next is the DP/TBE with FMIC. I haven't decided exactly which setup but the timing will be this coming spring.

I'll report back after a few more days of driving!

Beers!

:thumbsup:

You're basically rock solid now, the Carbonio retains stock MAF housing/straightener, the APR HPFP is foolproof and the tune was designed to run both of those components.

Enjoy it!

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
:thumbsup:

You're basically rock solid now, the Carbonio retains stock MAF housing/straightener, the APR HPFP is foolproof and the tune was designed to run both of those components.

Enjoy it!

It feels soooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooood! The throttle response has me humping office furniture at work......

I see you are running the VWR! How goes it? I think the guys in the shop wanted me to go that route.

They also offered me an APR catback at cost and I had to say no. I thought about it for a second, but I am probably going to just do the DP for stage 2+...

They said the offer stands until someone else scoops it up so if someone here can persuade me otherwise, I'll probably just wait.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
It feels soooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooood! The throttle response has me humping office furniture at work......

I see you are running the VWR! How goes it? I think the guys in the shop wanted me to go that route.

They also offered me an APR catback at cost and I had to say no. I thought about it for a second, but I am probably going to just do the DP for stage 2+...

They said the offer stands until someone else scoops it up so if someone here can persuade me otherwise, I'll probably just wait.

For a deal like that I'd do it, buy the downpipe later.

VWR intake is awesome, performance is on par with what you'd expect. I'd hold on to the Carbonio til spring though.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
For a deal like that I'd do it, buy the downpipe later.

I called them back to see if the deal was still around and it turns out he quoted me the wrong price because they actually had the Black Diamond tips. So the price was $100 higher and with install it would be $1,200.

I could go with just a DP for under a grand with install. The combo of spending less while gaining more power is where I'm at.

Stifun

Ready to race!
Hope your intake works out for you.

I myself have the CTS Intake and have nothing but praise for it and the performance that it gave my car but all car's are different.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Things are getting very interesting...

HPA and AWE just recently came out with some pretty rad TBE's. APR's is still hot on my radar. I am also tempted to just go with the UR catted/resonated DP for the R. Maybe just the APR DP. Seems like I can't go wrong with any option, right?

I mean, stage 2+ is inevitable. I just have to make a damn call... if worst comes to worst I will wait untill Waterfest to take advantage of the deals and free installs. Damn that's a long ways away...

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Things are getting very interesting...

HPA and AWE just recently came out with some pretty rad TBE's. APR's is still hot on my radar. I am also tempted to just go with the UR catted/resonated DP for the R. Maybe just the APR DP. Seems like I can't go wrong with any option, right?

I mean, stage 2+ is inevitable. I just have to make a damn call... if worst comes to worst I will wait untill Waterfest to take advantage of the deals and free installs. Damn that's a long ways away...

APR TBE, my friend has it and its really tame and clean/euro sounding. Its an absolute beast at WOT though as it has no chambers and gives a real raw sound that resembles what the engine actually sounds like in all of its glory.

Milltek TBE, its deeper and bassier if you go catless and non resonated its the ideal sound but louder under normal conditions than the APR TBE. Look up ToeBall's build thread on vwvortex and you'll find the best sounding exhaust on an R.