GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 mk6 vs 750 li

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
OP:

Congrats on posting a realistic and truthful story about losing to a superior car. The 750 is a sleeping monster for sure; definitely an honorable death.

I opened this thread on the assumption I was about to read yet another tall tale about a GTI beating a 750 by bus-lengths or something... I was quite pleasantly surprised :D

You get a thread win...

SteveMD

Ready to race!
But...they are (quietly) having issues with the HPFP.

Naagh. It's very well known that the N54 engine in the 135, 335, 535, Z4 and X6 and the replacement for it, the N55 which is the twin scroll single turbo engine have HPFP issues. I know people on their 6th pump.

BMW have extended the warranty on the HPFP up to 125,000 miles and issued a voluntary recall on the pumps..

Aonarch

Ready to race!
Naagh. It's very well known that the N54 engine in the 135, 335, 535, Z4 and X6 and the replacement for it, the N55 which is the twin scroll single turbo engine have HPFP issues. I know people on their 6th pump.

BMW have extended the warranty on the HPFP up to 125,000 miles and issued a voluntary recall on the pumps..
I had two 335i's before my GTI. My first one was lemon'd for HPFP and I dumped my second one after having two failures. I couldn't handle that crap anymore.

SteveMD

Ready to race!
I had two 335i's before my GTI. My first one was lemon'd for HPFP and I dumped my second one after having two failures. I couldn't handle that crap anymore.

Yup. I'm ok so far. 14K miles. Knock on wood and all that!

cnimativ

Ready to race!
don't feel too bad...those cars are big but they are fast as well. They'll surprise a lot of people. BMW's website has 0-60 in 5.2 seconds and they are usually conservative.

BTW - nice car/mods!

Well, to put into perspective, gti is not a fast car.