GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage I+ vs G series

Papele

Ready to race!
Driving down a 3 lane road. In 6th gear doing a steady 70mph. I slowly drove past a g probably going 60-65. Then we came to a stop at a light. The light turned green and i just had a feeling he was gonna gun it. We both barely accelerated for the first 10ft. I looked over at his car and he gunned it. Those VQ's sound so nice. Then I gunned it. I was keeping up with him. He was only about half a car length ahead of me until 4th gear when I started to pull away.

Thing is I'm a little confused.
Me: 2dr Stage I tune
Stage I Carbonio
Magnaflow CB
EuroJet Catless DP
Put the DP on but I'm waiting for the APR sale to upgrade to Stage II
So I figure around 275hp/305tq

He was in a 4th gen G series I know that for sure. He had some wheels and what sounded like an exhaust. But I'm not sure if it was a g35, g37 or if it was RWD or AWD. It was a Sedan though.

The VQ35's had about 300hp
The VQ37's have 328hp in the sedan's.

Anyone wanna take a wack at what the situation was?
If I actually beat a G. If he let off the throttle. Which model he probably had?

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
your hp figures are a little off for yourself.

Candy11

Ready to race!
To the crank they are not.

A_Bowers

Driving down a 3 lane road. In 6th gear doing a steady 70mph. I slowly drove past a g probably going 60-65. Then we came to a stop at a light. The light turned green and i just had a feeling he was gonna gun it. We both barely accelerated for the first 10ft. I looked over at his car and he gunned it. Those VQ's sound so nice. Then I gunned it. I was keeping up with him. He was only about half a car length ahead of me until 4th gear when I started to pull away.

Thing is I'm a little confused.
Me: 2dr Stage I tune
Stage I Carbonio
Magnaflow CB
EuroJet Catless DP
Put the DP on but I'm waiting for the APR sale to upgrade to Stage II
So I figure around 275hp/305tq

He was in a 4th gen G series I know that for sure. He had some wheels and what sounded like an exhaust. But I'm not sure if it was a g35, g37 or if it was RWD or AWD. It was a Sedan though.

The VQ35's had about 300hp
The VQ37's have 328hp in the sedan's.

Anyone wanna take a wack at what the situation was?
If I actually beat a G. If he let off the throttle. Which model he probably had?

I'm a little confused. Stage 2 upgrade doesn't cost any extra if you are already stage one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Papele

Ready to race!
your hp figures are a little off for yourself.

Well APR says Stage I 93 oct w/ CAI is 260hp/305tq
I figured since I have a turbo back I'd have a little more power.

Diggin the mini dude.

Papele

Ready to race!
I'm a little confused. Stage 2 upgrade doesn't cost any extra if you are already stage one.

Really? I thought it was like $100 bucks or something? Maybe its different whether you go directly though APR or a tuner? Maybe I'm wrong

HangAWang

Ready to race!
Like a previous poster said, if you have a do already why not go stage 2?

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
thanks, yeah you are probably not getting much gain on an untuned TBE.

probably was stock.. I have pulled them before. stage 2 you would do awesome against one it sounds like.

A_Bowers

Really? I thought it was like $100 bucks or something? Maybe its different whether you go directly though APR or a tuner? Maybe I'm wrong

Per APR's website existing customers may upgrade for free

Papele

Ready to race!
thanks, yeah you are probably not getting much gain on an untuned TBE.

probably was stock.. I have pulled them before. stage 2 you would do awesome against one it sounds like.

One of my buddies has a 2012 chili red mini s with black wheels. Its mad nice. Stock though. Another friend of mine has white mini s but he says its one of the few that has the supercharger. A few years old?

Per APR's website existing customers may upgrade for free

I could've sworn someone told me I had to pay for the upgrade... Guess I'll be calling my tuner tomorrow

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
What you may run into is that the shop doing the install will charge you a labor fee.. generally its .5 - 1 hr of labor depending on who you go to. thats where the costs come into play.

One of my buddies has a 2012 chili red mini s with black wheels. Its mad nice. Stock though. Another friend of mine has white mini s but he says its one of the few that has the supercharger. A few years old?

his is just an 02-06 if its SC all S models during that time are. 07-12 are turbo unless its a cabrio.

mines sorta stock hahaha.

full bolt ons and a k04

A_Bowers

What you may run into is that the shop doing the install will charge you a labor fee.. generally its .5 - 1 hr of labor depending on who you go to. thats where the costs come into play.

his is just an 02-06 if its SC all S models during that time are. 07-12 are turbo unless its a cabrio.

mines sorta stock hahaha.

full bolt ons and a k04

After stage one I believe it's flash able thru the obd 2 port.