GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage II GTI DSG vs Lumina SS LS1 AT /aka GTO in the US/

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
So, my friend always has this 5.7L V8 muscle car Lumina SS, he hated on I4 Turbocharged cars, "omg no replacement for displacement" lol small I4s ahaha

Pic of the lumina : http://www.t63ys.com/pictures/pictures01/pictures-street-racing/grraf/lumina-ss-2.jpg

So after i am stage 2, he said he wants to run..on our way to the road where we ran i pushed it in 3rd with TC off, the car spinned and he looked SCARED..

O well..we ran from about 25mph, me in 3rd gear, TC off, pushed it and IMMEDIATELY put 1 car on him and growing, when i just left off, i didn't want him feel bad..ran again and put like 2 cars on him and let off...

He looked mad and could barely talk, was like "omg traction control was on" ... in both cases he actually hit it first =|

He said he was busy and won't run again.

VERY happy with the result. :lol:

ps mods in sig

Last edited:

FasDarken

Ready to race!
fyi i think that would be a G8 GXP in the states...GTO's are 2 door.

FasDarken

Ready to race!
^^definitely not a gxp to say the least, that has a 6.2 with 400+hp....the lumina is based on the gto chassis and powertrain

good kill op

isn't the GXP also built on the GTO chassis? I dunno....looks more like a GXP to me...maybe its just the four doors.

xrayman34

Ready to race!
The GXP is a 6 speed and can run high 12s stock. I am coming from a G8 GT, which has some really good top end, however it weighs 4000lbs.

monteman791

Passed Driver's Ed
Great kill Heartcoreboy, sorry to switch topics, but...

Xray man, you came from a g8 gt huh? That is what i wanted to get but instead i got this after one test drive. What made you swap to the GTI? After driving it for about two weeks, i have been having thoughts of a v8 under my foot.

xrayman34

Ready to race!
The V8 is great, but not on the wallet for gas. I ran the 93oct superchips tune, and had alot of fun with the car. I had a stg2 STi prior to the G8, and the G8 just was not as fun to drive. The STi and now the GTI hava a much higher fun factor, and can be driven year round. Plus I also missed having a 6speed, and the G8 weighed like 4000lbs, you would have to sink some serious money to get it to handle close to an STi/GTi.