GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stain onhood..How to remove?

Chiefa2j

Ready to race!
I have a united grey mk6 gti. The paint is flawless on it as ive always kept it abosolutely clean. Yesterday when washing it a noticed a orange stain on the hood about the size of two quarters. I cant get it off. I tried bug and tar remover, alcohol, wd40, polish. It almost seems like it baked into the paint. Does anyone have any ideas how to get it off? Or am I screwed? Im so anal about my car its driving me crazy!!! Help please!

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Sounds funny... post a pic? Try clarbar yet? Can you feel it with your fingernail? Might be a paint defect if its under the clear coat..

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Did you try claybar? Is it rust?

I would,
1) try clay bar
figure out if it could be rust, if so,
2) buy iron x or some other deironizer product and use that to dissolve it
if not
3) polish it out gently with a microfiber and compound (I feel like a compound is called for; but you could try a polish first)

Chiefa2j

Ready to race!
Sounds funny... post a pic? Try clarbar yet? Can you feel it with your fingernail? Might be a paint defect if its under the clear coat..

cant figure out how to post the darn picture since im at work. No you cant feel it its like its somehow under the clear coat. I called Vw and they said to bring it in so they can decide if its something they need to take care of. They said they might have to bring in a Representive from actual Vw. Will see what happends I guess.

Bowthewow

Ready to race!
My friend dropped hot sauce on his hood. Dont know how and i looked at it and it seemed like it burnt his paint. Rubbing it off wouldnt work. Then he buffed it out and was as good as new after. Try that.

Chiefa2j

Ready to race!
My friend dropped hot sauce on his hood. Dont know how and i looked at it and it seemed like it burnt his paint. Rubbing it off wouldnt work. Then he buffed it out and was as good as new after. Try that.

I took it to the dealer and im fighting with them to try and get them to paint it. The gut said whatever landed on it ate thru the paint. If I cant get them to do it I guess im just going to paint it black

Chiefa2j

Ready to race!
you sprayed your cars hood with WD-40? :confused: be sure to annotate that when it comes time to sell... lmao

HAHA Desperate times call for deperate measures.... I read somewhere it might work. It didnt, and didnt make it any worse.... Im going to end up painting the hood either way now!

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
you sprayed your cars hood with WD-40? :confused: be sure to annotate that when it comes time to sell... lmao

nothing wrong with wd-40...

it's water displacement... it wont harm the clear coat or anything under it.