GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steelies to alloys

Csheene17

I’ve got a 2009 mk6 with 15” steel wheels which look terrible.
I’m trying to find something to replace them, any ideas? I’ve been thinking of just getting some
OEM Atlanta alloys as they’ll make the car look better.
IMG_7704.png
IMG_8522.jpeg
IMG_8522.jpeg

kevin r

I did this change just a few weeks ago. MSW Type 22T wheels. I bumped up to 16" and opted for a lower profile tire (slightly wider than OEM), too. Bought the tires/wheels pre-mounted from Tire Rack; all I had to do was bolt 'em on. So far so good.

sm-20230529_152534.jpg

ghatch

I have a very similar question to the original post here. I have a 2012 Golf base with those lame 15" steel wheels. Can I get a set of Jetta 16" Navarra wheels and will they just bolt right on? I think I can put a 16" wheel on there with lower profile tire and it won't throw off my speedometer or mess anything else up. Are there centering rings or anything else to worry about when going from 15" to 16"? I have also looked at those exact same MSW wheels. good to know that would be an option.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I have a very similar question to the original post here. I have a 2012 Golf base with those lame 15" steel wheels. Can I get a set of Jetta 16" Navarra wheels and will they just bolt right on? I think I can put a 16" wheel on there with lower profile tire and it won't throw off my speedometer or mess anything else up. Are there centering rings or anything else to worry about when going from 15" to 16"? I have also looked at those exact same MSW wheels. good to know that would be an option.
They'll bolt right on.....reuse your lug bolts & no hub rings needed.
Get 205/55/16 tires to go with them and the speedo will be correct