GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stephen8512's MK6 Golf R

stephen8512

Ready to race!
Hey guys.

Names Steve and I'm from Sydney, Australia. And this is my Candy White MK6 Golf R.

As at 30/06/2011 :

CAR : Golf R 5 door
YEAR : MY11 2010
COLOUR : Candy White
TRANSMISSION : 6 speed DSG
OPTIONS : Leather Recaro Seats. RNS-510 Sat Nav. MDI iPod. Reverse Camera. 19" Talladega Wheels. (Black)

MODIFICATIONS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENGINE + PERFORMANCE
- GIAC Stage 1 ECU Reflash
- Sprint Booster Power Converter

EXTERIOR
- Black Window Tint
- OEM VW Plastic Headlamp Protectors
- White LED Rear Licence Plate Lights (No Error)
- Hatch Pop Gas Struts
- Euro Plate Holder Delete
- Carbon Fibre Mirror Cap Replacements
- Carbon Fibre Rear Badge Inserts
- OptiCoat Paint Protection
- VWGolf.net.au Decal (White)
- Nürburgring Decal (Black)

INTERIOR
- White LED Interior Lights (incl. Glovebox + Footwell + Rear Boot)
- Engraved "R" "VW" and "EJECT" LED Dead Buttons
- Gloss Black Interior Trim (Custom)
- S2TPP Aluminium Paddles (Black)
- OSIR O-Rest Dead Pedal
- OSIR STEP-GT Door Sill Trim (CF)

WHEEL + SUSPENSION
- UniBrace UB Chassis Bracing
- Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit
- H&R Front Sway Bars (24mm : Hard Setting)
- H&R Rear Sway Bars (26mm : Hard Setting)

PLANNED MODIFICATIONS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- DEFI-Advance BF Boost Gauge (60mm White)
- DEFI-Advance BF Oil Temp Gauge (60mm White)
- DEFI-Advance BF Oil Press Gauge (60mm White)
- DEFI-Advance BF Link Control Unit

- KW V3 Coilovers
- VW Racing Engine Mounts

- ADV10 Track Spec or BBS CH Wheels in 19"

PICTURES

Picking up the car from dealers. (01/12/2010)

Factory Recaro Seats

"NOS", "R", "EJECT" LED lit dead buttons.

140 clicks...still a virgin...

LED White Lights (10/12/2010)

LED Interior Lights

LED Rear Licence Plate Lights

No Tint VS Tint (14/12/2010)

S2TPP Paddles. Black VS Silver (19/12/2010)

Photoshoot with Dave (xc17ed). Photography done by Aaron. Many thanks! More to come.

OEM VW Plastic Headlamp Protectors (25/01/2011)

Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit Installed (02/02/2011)

Unibrace UB Chassis Bracing (02/02/2011)

Hatch Pop Gas Struts Installed (17/03/2011)

Video of Hatch Pop in action

H&R Sway Bars & Blue Tint Aspherical Mirrors Installed (05/04/2011)

VW + Audi Dyno Day @ Mainline Dyno, Revesby (16/04/2011)

Stock Golf R.
Power : 160.1kw @ 106KPH
dTorque : 290.6N.M @ 54KPH

Gloss Black Interior Trim (27/04/2011)

DSG Shifter

Centre, Left, Right A/C Vents

Headunit Surround

Ashtray + Ashtray Lid

Climate Control Surround

Interior Gloss Black Parts Installed

Sprintbooster Power Converter (01/05/2011)

Carbon Fibre Mirror Caps (10/05/2011)

Euro Plate Holder Delete (30/06/2011)

Last edited:

stephen8512

Ready to race!
***ORDERED + INSTALLED***

H&R Front + Rear Sway Bars (24mm Front, 26mm Rear)

Blue Tinted Aspherical Mirrors

Hatch Pop Mod

+ a few other goodies

KW V3's Coilovers may also be coming in sooner than I thought.

***NEXT MODS TO GO ON THE CAR***

DEFI Advance BF Gauges + Advance Control Unit

OSIR Mono Vent Gauge holder (For DEFI Boost Gauge)

OSIR Dual Gauge holder CF (For DEFI Oil Temp, Oil Pressure OR EGT)

Last edited:

stephen8512

Ready to race!
Catchup with a mate of mine with his Golf GTI Pirelli (currently makes 206 fwkw with ECU tune, turboback exhaust, FMIC, intake. 18" Advan RS-D with Pirelli P-Zero tyres, HPA SHS coilovers)

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
love it

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
love it

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I just came....

Does Whiteline make a lot of stuff for our cars?!? they make great stuff. I need to upgrade my rear sway bar to a 25-27 as well, 23mm is not cutting it for me.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
SPLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Sweeeeeeet!! Enjoy!!

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Congrats buddy, good choice of car. Would've been kewl if they really had an .:R button that actually did some performance enhancement. :imho:

I just have one question, why the headlamp protectors? Don't they hamper the light projection at night. They sure seem to reflect too much in the daytime shoot.... In my opinion they spoil the look of the car a bit, but if you expect mega wear then by all means do keep em on!

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Really nice car! +1 on not really digging the headlight protectors, if you need them, I guess it isn't that big of distraction to the front. Thought about using laminex or something else less visible?

stephen8512

Ready to race!
I just came....

Does Whiteline make a lot of stuff for our cars?!? they make great stuff. I need to upgrade my rear sway bar to a 25-27 as well, 23mm is not cutting it for me.

Heres the whiteline website with the parts suitable for a MK6 GTI

http://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segu...f&vehicle=MK6+5K+INCL+GTI+&+R+FWD/AWD+2009-ON

I dont think I've seen a RSB for a MK6 GTI go higher than a 24.... and thats the H&R big bars (28 front, 24 rear). For a FWD car wouldnt u want a thicker front?

SPLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG

nice progress. that car would be fun to drive i bet.

Sweeeeeeet!! Enjoy!!

Thanks guys :)

Holy shit, this car is sick.

How do you like the s2t pedals? do they interface with the wiper stalk?

THe S2TPP paddles are awesome. CNC milled finish. I have both the Silver and Black ones so I can interchange when I want to. The feel of it is very nice, very grabby. lol...a lot nicer than the OEM plastic ones...however, if there was a downside, it's that it doesn't "click out" as much as the plastic ones, i.e theres less rebound resistance due to the weight of the paddle...but its minimal and im nitpicking.

Congrats buddy, good choice of car. Would've been kewl if they really had an .:R button that actually did some performance enhancement. :imho:

I just have one question, why the headlamp protectors? Don't they hamper the light projection at night. They sure seem to reflect too much in the daytime shoot.... In my opinion they spoil the look of the car a bit, but if you expect mega wear then by all means do keep em on!

Really nice car! +1 on not really digging the headlight protectors, if you need them, I guess it isn't that big of distraction to the front. Thought about using laminex or something else less visible?

Hey guys. I had the OEM protectors from VW on there as I do a LOT of highway driving. At the moment, it's about 7500kms (4660 miles) and about 6000kms of those (3700 miles) has all be due to highway driving. Didn't want little stone chips etc hitting the xenons. Having said that though, the fitment for the OEM VW is shit. The bit where it's meant to clip in and hold the protector to the headlamp is so flimsy. I cracked one of the plastic holders on the protector already due to it's weak design. I may have to get Lamin-X in clear or something once these give out.

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Looks great. I ran the whiteline walk kit on my mkv along with their other bushings. It's a great investment & really changes the feel of the car. It's going on my mk6 because I was just that impressed. Subscribed