GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stg 1 vs SRT4 Caliber

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
Just like to start by saying that I dont race but from time to time if its safe and no one is on the street I do like to see what my GTI can do. This being said, I had one of those moments this morning. :thumbsup:

So I kindly took my parents to the airport this morning at Raegan National and on my way home I noticed that this Caliber was heading the same direction as me. As I was coming out of DC (295 South) we did a quick run. I was already in 6th gear so I just went WOT. He downshifted but I was still there and slowly pulling on him. Needless to say round 1 went to me. Then we both come off the ramp on to 210 south and we get caught at a light. He immediately reved his engine and I just sat patiently waiting for the green light. Finally it changes and where off! Instantly put 1.5 cars on him and quickly pulling away!:lol: We get caught again at the next light and I see him bail and take a quick right and speeds off! Guess he thought I would be an easy kill but he was definately suprised! Seeing as how I just had my cluctch replaced (warranty) this is the first time I actually got to see what stage 1 can really do. I very impressed and couldnt be happier. :D If your thinking about going stage 1 just do it!!! You wont be dissappointed! :thumbsup:

SRT2GTI

Banned
Good kill. A caliber srt4 with either the mopar stage 1 or realtune msk1 tune would walk all over a stage 2 or 3 gti.

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
whats the power output looking like after stage 1 for a SRT4?

SRT2GTI

Banned
Mopar Stage 1 = 312whp / 296 wtq
(The Mopar stage 1 pcm is torque limited to 300 tq. If you were to add say a downpipe to the Mopar stage 1 tune...it would cut your throttle until in was back under the 300 tq mark. The majority of modified Calibers have the MS1k tune...or they are tuned off of a AEM FIC which removes all of the "nanny systems.")

My Caliber SRT4 had the following performance mods;
- Realtune MS1K Tune
- Needswings 3" downpipe w/ cut-out
- Needswings catless O2 housing
- Corsa catback exhaust
- Mopar cold-air intake
- SBC stage 5 clutch w/ custom flywheel

I put down 369 whp / 374 wtq
The thing was an absolute beast. When the dump was open, it was ear piercingly loud.

Last edited:

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
WOW! That had to be pushing the limits of that engine. Definately was expecting those kind of numbers

SRT2GTI

Banned
You would think, but the Caliber SRT4's engine is good to safely hold a around 500hp without having to modify the engine's internals. It has an alluminum block with all forged internals stock. Very similar to the Evo X's engine except the Caliber has a larger displacement (2.4L opposed to the Evo's 2.0L).

Last edited:

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
You would think, but the Caliber SRT4's engine is good to safely hold a little over 500hp without having to modify the engine's internals. It has an alluminum block with all forged internals stock. Very similar to the Evo X's engine except the Caliber has a larger displacement (2.5L opposed to the Evo's 2.0L).

Whyd you get rid of it?

SRT2GTI

Banned
It was my company car, the mileage was starting to rack up on it and their resale value is pretty pathetic. I had actually bought a 2011 WRX STi and was waiting on delivery. The Subaru dealer jerked me around for weeks and weeks on the ETA dates. I ended up walking into the VW dealership and asked if they were interested in stealing some business from Subaru. I ended up receiving a great deal on an Autobahn GTI...I cancelled the STi and went with the GTI. I parted out the Caliber mods and used that cash to start modding the GTI.

SRT2GTI

Banned
You beat a minivan, GJ.

More like a bread box or toaster. The Caliber SRT4 is like a fungus...it grows on you after awhile. It's actually a really underated vehicle. The interior kind of sucked, but when correctly modded...it would destroy cars that you wouldn't expect it to beat.

E-Dawg

Passed Driver's Ed
Geez, when the new Dodge Dart comes out I wonder what kinds of numbers it may put down??

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
500hp in a front wheel drive vehicle is just ridiculous.

SRT2GTI

Banned
Geez, when the new Dodge Dart comes out I wonder what kinds of numbers it may put down??

I would assume the Dart Srt4 (when released) would put down numbers similar to the Ford Focus ST.