GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock GTI gets smoked by tuned MS3

kec789

Ready to race!
The driver of the MS3 seems like a cool guy though. I read through their forum as well and didn't get the opinion that he was a weenie at all and would be fun to talk cars with.

I will admit that I looked into buying a MS3 until I sat in and drove one. Yes, it was very fast but everything was so plastic-ish and the fit and finish were so blah and cheap feeling. I have buddies who drive WRX's and MS3's that both commented on the solidity and "bank vault" feeling of my GTI and both said they wished their cars felt the the same.

To each his own though. I will always respect the speed of the MS3 and it's refreshing to hear he was cool enough to stop and chat for a while.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
The reality is while a majority of owners may act a certain way there are always exceptions to it.

I wish that the WRX had DSG and the interior of a GTI. It would have been the most perfect car ever.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
The reality is while a majority of owners may act a certain way there are always exceptions to it.

I wish that the WRX had DSG and the interior of a GTI. It would have been the most perfect car ever.

100% with you on that one. The day Subaru comes out with a Dual Clutch setup on the WRX/STI I will buy it. I had a 4EAT(auto subbie transmission) in my Saab(aru) 9-2x AERO and it was the worst transmission I have ever driven. It felt like it had a 35% drivetrain loss compared to driving a 5 speed WRX/9-2x. Even tuned I couldnt keep up with a stock 5 speed.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Whocares. You need thicker skin being there, and cosmetic mods are mostly gay, like HIDs that blind people, 10" tall ricer wings, etc. If you watch the care bears, you shouldn't be on msf.org

^^ compare and think about what's going on here vv

ricer* :lol:

Several aspects cause this IMHO. One is the type of people that own the car and next is the forum. As for the car that's why I didn't buy an SI, STI, WRX, MS3, or 335i. The owners tend to be very snobby and stuck up. Even owning the modest GTI forums like Vortex will roast newbs and eat em for breakfast. :laugh:

Though mk6 forums are usually tame, we have a few around here.

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
The driver of the MS3 seems like a cool guy though. I read through their forum as well and didn't get the opinion that he was a weenie at all and would be fun to talk cars with.

I will admit that I looked into buying a MS3 until I sat in and drove one. Yes, it was very fast but everything was so plastic-ish and the fit and finish were so blah and cheap feeling. I have buddies who drive WRX's and MS3's that both commented on the solidity and "bank vault" feeling of my GTI and both said they wished their cars felt the the same.

To each his own though. I will always respect the speed of the MS3 and it's refreshing to hear he was cool enough to stop and chat for a while.

Yep, he was a decent guy. His car walked all over mine and he didn't boast about it.

I considered the ms3 for a while - in fact it might have gotten me into the hot hatch category in the beginning, being the disrupt in the competition it was. In the end, I couldn't pass up the GTI's interior and overall refinement. Power would come in time, and it will...

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

dwagner88

Ready to race!
Seriously... I just read a thread where a guy got chastized for making a build thread for his 'cosmetic' mods.

A couple of guys told him he was wasting server space because their 'big turbo' builds demanded more respect. He was obviously not worthy of posting there (even though he owns the same freakin car).

I've not seen such crap on any car forums, but then again, I don't buy shit cars bought mostly by douchebags.

Lol. Don't ever go into MSF asking about cosmetic mods. They are all power all the time over there. As a result, it is a place that is totally inhospitable to newbs, but has also been the catalyst for a huge amount of technical advancement for that platform. I wish such a place existed in the GTI community, instead we all wait around for APR to do the work for us.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
We installed his FMIC today. Not a bad install - had to move some wires and tubes but nothing major. Looks badasss too