GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock vs. Newer BMW 335i

abstractmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
So on my way home yesterday I was along side a newer 335i and needed to be in his lane. We were rolling about 30mph and he was slightly ahead when I decided to see if I could pass him in time. Pretty much as soon as I jumped on it, he jumped on it to keep me from passing. We only had about 200 yards or so before my lane split off, so I decided I would probably just wind up behind him. However, to my surprise, my lowly single turbo 4 cylinder started walking him! Then I screwed up my shift and he caught back up. To even more surprise, when I got it in gear, my car took him by a car and a half. I was listening for him to lift and watching closely to make sure I could get over. He didn't lift until I pulled in front of him. Honestly, the only real reason I attempted this was to see what his car could do. I never thought I would stand a chance. Granted he looked pretty heavy and I know the 335i is 3600lbs, but still! He was a pretty cool dude. No animosity, just friendly commuter racing. Gave me a nice wave as I looked at him in my rear view.

I'm not bragging, just trying to wrap my mind around this. Maybe he was a bad driver, but I could hear that he was pushing the bimmer hard. I initiated the race and therefore got the jump on him, but I screwed up my shift and he caught up. Is the GTI known for it's 30 to whatever acceleration? If not, it should be! Loving the car! Still debating about going to stage 1.:thumbup:

Skeptix

Ready to race!
That's kinda surprising, maybe he was being a little soft? My sister has a stage 3 335i, it would be 5 car lengths ahead of me in about 3 seconds lol. It was pretty quick stock too, yeah, I'm not too sure... you lucked out :p

rizu9243

Passed Driver's Ed
perhaps combination of him being a bad driver or not pushing the car hard enough as the 335i is something else. although rolling would be a better bet than off the dig against a 335i

abstractmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
That's what I was thinking too. Honestly though, the driver probably weighed like 300lbs. and the car is about 400lbs heavier than ours. I'm about 160lbs. I think the weight evened us out a little bit, but he probably just wanted to see me dog it.

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
I'm Stage 2 and have run a few stock 335s, I pulled em pretty good. However, I do not see a stock GTI even staying with one. A 335 Has 50% more horsepower than a GTI but weighs only about 15% more than than a GTI. I'm not much of a bench-racer, but it wouldn't even be close. Even with driver error, I couldn't see a stock GTI beating a 335i.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
uhhh.... no.

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
This site is so stupid and filled with incompetent retards how the hell do you fathom a stock gti making 200 to the crank keeping up with something that makes 300-340 to the crank how stupid can you be?

McQueen77

Banned
Nah brah.