GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Wessley

Passed Driver's Ed
What exactly is done to the low torque (OEM Clutch) tune vs a regular tune? I currently have the low torque tune and now have an upgraded clutch but my Cobb AP says I still hit around 22ish psi of boost. I just want to make sure that if I get a retune done that it is not a waste of time or money.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
What exactly is done to the low torque (OEM Clutch) tune vs a regular tune? I currently have the low torque tune and now have an upgraded clutch but my Cobb AP says I still hit around 22ish psi of boost. I just want to make sure that if I get a retune done that it is not a waste of time or money.
well you would get more torque.... and most likely by timing advances etc... there are plenty of ways to make power without adding boost. And its $50... if thats really a waste, i spend more than that in 2 days worth of eating out.

Laimface

Ready to race!
i spend more than that in 2 days worth of eating out.

:laugh:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
What's everyone here running for their accessport setup? I have mine in the vent to the right of the steering wheel but the mount I have sucks so it keeps falling out so I'm looking for a new place or a good vent mount.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Laimface

Ready to race!
What's everyone here running for their accessport setup? I have mine in the vent to the right of the steering wheel but the mount I have sucks so it keeps falling out so I'm looking for a new place or a good vent mount.

This may be exclusive to me as I'm right hand drive, but I pass the cable from the OBD port, through the fuse cover, up to the AP which uses a phone mount.

See the below video for my placement (the wire isn't run through the fuse cover in that video though)

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i bought a suction mount off amazon... here is my set up.

Disregard the fact that i took a photo at 41mph during a downpour.

Like liam my wire is run through the fuse port and comes out the bottom to connect to the obd2 scanner.. ill snap a pic of it in/out in a sec.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
i bought a suction mount off amazon... here is my set up.

Disregard the fact that i took a photo at 41mph during a downpour.
You ever notice it getting in the way when driving, mostly during left turns?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You ever notice it getting in the way when driving, mostly during left turns?

nope not at all. barely notice it while driving.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
nope not at all. barely notice it while driving.
Sweet, I'll definitely look into that, also probably easier to read when driving hard than looking over at the vent

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Im not sure why the image rotated when uploaded to imgur... but whatevrr... i didnt even need to do anything to the fuse pannel the wire just barely pops it out but it is secure and doesnt move.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Same tuck your wire sonnnnn
Also I know I've asked about tunes for different turbos like k04 and f23 but can they tune for big turbos? I'm planning on a gtx2976r and based on the reviews of the tunes for stock/k04 I feel like a stratified tune on a big turbo would be kick ass

Laimface

Ready to race!

Im not sure why the image rotated when uploaded to imgur... but whatevrr... i didnt even need to do anything to the fuse pannel the wire just barely pops it out but it is secure and doesnt move.

pray4carpet