GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Tried to email them but they Take so long to reply, I'm going for emissions today so I'm on the stock tune and I have a 90 degree O2 spacer in, readiness is all good and I should pass. My question is should I remove the O2 spacer when I flash back to stage 2?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Tried to email them but they Take so long to reply, I'm going for emissions today so I'm on the stock tune and I have a 90 degree O2 spacer in, readiness is all good and I should pass. My question is should I remove the O2 spacer when I flash back to stage 2?

I feel like that is just preference, either the light is coded out or if you remove it you'll get a cel. I don't think it hurts anything to leave it in

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I feel like that is just preference, either the light is coded out or if you remove it you'll get a cel. I don't think it hurts anything to leave it in

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
It's weird because I have the "stage2" stratafied tune and I threw rich and lean codes for the post cat o2 sensor, now when I'm on the stock tune no codes both with the spacer in

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Hmm - that's interesting to note the it happens with other high torque tunes.

Shifts between 1-2 aren't a problem, and all other gears are now happy since moving back to OTS.

We did a DSG adaptation while the problems were occurring and it was still terrible even after a few hundred kms.

I can imagine with a manual box and a strong clutch that the high torque stratified tune would be great, but it just doesn't seem to work for me.

I wonder if they offer refunds?

I see you're not based in North America... what is your ECU box code? Stratified may be interested if there is an issue with their tune on specific ECU box codes.

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
I see you're not based in North America... what is your ECU box code? Stratified may be interested if there is an issue with their tune on specific ECU box codes.

I've emailed them so hopefully they can find a solution (eventually, when they reply...)

I've got an ROW model, can't remember the ECU code, at work currently.

GTIdriver39

Well, after reading basically every post in this thread I drank the kool-aid and ordered the cobb ap w/ stratified tune for my stock 2011 GTI. Can't wait for it all to get here and give it a run!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Got my base file from Alex for my set up on Wednesday night. Need to put some more miles on it and then check if things look good, then start doing some logging.

Doing a 93 tune and then a tune for WMI.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Well, after reading basically every post in this thread I drank the kool-aid and ordered the cobb ap w/ stratified tune for my stock 2011 GTI. Can't wait for it all to get here and give it a run!

Welcome.

Got my base file from Alex for my set up on Wednesday night. Need to put some more miles on it and then check if things look good, then start doing some logging.

Doing a 93 tune and then a tune for WMI.
Nice nice how was your first impression of the base file? I loved it.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Welcome.

Nice nice how was your first impression of the base file? I loved it.

Well, I haven't really got on it yet, but it's nowhere near what I had. I wasn't expecting much with the base tune as it's a safe base tune that I would imagine runs much lower boost. It feels like the stock K04 tune from APR. The crackles are pretty cool, but I would imagine I would not use them all the time. My APR dp and Borla cat back make quite a symphony of burbles when just letting off the throttle when not even in boost. They get REALLY LOUD after letting off after being in boost.

jeez

Ready to race!
I've been getting clumsy downshifts in D. It's annoying. Even after I did a DSG adaptation (maybe I did something wrong?). And during accelerating in D it upshifts mid boost where I 'd want it to keep going. I have the APR K04 DSG tune and I'm not sure it plays well with my Stratified ECU tune. Funny thing is I've been logging the car for so long I forgot how it felt before.

When I resolve this (hoping the DSG tune will come out by COBB at last) and a weird boost oscillating issue (steady 50% throttle but boost fluctuates on its own....and I have no leaks) I'll be trying to get my 60-120 times. Only data I have is about 12 something seconds with a leaking wastegate, with stuff in the car and a passenger (my K03 in the same circumstances did it in 15-16 seconds). Need a proper drag straight to verify it. Hopefully can get it to 8-9 seconds with just me in and the final DSG tune and ECU tune (optimistic much??). And I'm a full weight 4 door Autobahn..basically the heaviest Mk6 GTI version.

On an older tune (no leaks) that I was able to take two 4th gear logs (I'm usually only able to take them in 3rd) I peaked at 321whp/359wtq per Virtual Dyno.

Once all is said and done I'm dynoing her...but with everyone going to a different dyno, dynos lose their appeal (you never know whether the same dyno at different shops is calibrated equally, let alone different dynos). A 60-120 tells me what I need to know, you just need to take weight into account.

GTIdriver39

Just a quick question on install. My GTI is a 2011 CBFA engine. Accessport identifies it as a 2012-2014 CBFA. Any issues with this?

GTIdriver39

Just a quick question on install. My GTI is a 2011 CBFA engine. Accessport identifies it as a 2012-2014 CBFA. Any issues with this?

Well, to follow-up on this, I installed an OTS tune and took it for a spin and all was well so I guess my 2011 CBFA has a 2012-2014 CBFA ecu? It is definitely a CBFA so I guess all is well.

ksandman

Ready to race!
I've been getting clumsy downshifts in D. It's annoying. Even after I did a DSG adaptation (maybe I did something wrong?). And during accelerating in D it upshifts mid boost where I 'd want it to keep going. I have the APR K04 DSG tune and I'm not sure it plays well with my Stratified ECU tune. Funny thing is I've been logging the car for so long I forgot how it felt before.

When I resolve this (hoping the DSG tune will come out by COBB at last) and a weird boost oscillating issue (steady 50% throttle but boost fluctuates on its own....and I have no leaks) I'll be trying to get my 60-120 times. Only data I have is about 12 something seconds with a leaking wastegate, with stuff in the car and a passenger (my K03 in the same circumstances did it in 15-16 seconds). Need a proper drag straight to verify it. Hopefully can get it to 8-9 seconds with just me in and the final DSG tune and ECU tune (optimistic much??). And I'm a full weight 4 door Autobahn..basically the heaviest Mk6 GTI version.

On an older tune (no leaks) that I was able to take two 4th gear logs (I'm usually only able to take them in 3rd) I peaked at 321whp/359wtq per Virtual Dyno.

Once all is said and done I'm dynoing her...but with everyone going to a different dyno, dynos lose their appeal (you never know whether the same dyno at different shops is calibrated equally, let alone different dynos). A 60-120 tells me what I need to know, you just need to take weight into account.

Maybe it has something to do with your torque curve. My dsg started to act like a pile of shit when I had a flash tune from stratified on stock turbo. I now have a k04 and I told my tuner to bring torque on gradually instead of full on at like 2.5k rpms and it’s been smooth as butter.

That’s just my experience. I think my dsg was just picking up weird habits from having torque come on so fast and so brutal.

I do not have a dsg tune btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noodle1

Ready to race!
so i looked at my acessport and my stft max was 1.25, I remember seeing somthing about stft's being important and they should be between .85 and 1.15, anyone know whats wrong with my car lol