GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subaru BRZ Coupe Review by C&D (brother to the Scion FR-S)

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
But Adding the option of an Auto 6speed will increase the
sales # and help Subaru make $ to put back into R & D .

Absolutely, but owning one is still fail, and doing a straight up performance comparison for a magazine against competitors is an even bigger fail.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well none of this comes as a surprise i mean, the car is light, small, RWD, and low. It will handle well :)

The utility, price, straight line speed are something else though.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Well none of this comes as a surprise i mean, the car is light, small, RWD, and low. It will handle well :)

The utility, price, straight line speed are something else though.

Sort of off-topic, but one of the magazines recently measured the center of gravity on the BRZ and found it was the lowest they had ever measured (lower than the F430, Cayman, etc.)... except for the Vette ZR1. Can't help but be impressed by how low the CG is on the ZR1 considering it's got a monstrous supercharged V8 under the hood. Great piece of engineering by Chevy.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Sort of off-topic, but one of the magazines recently measured the center of gravity on the BRZ and found it was the lowest they had ever measured (lower than the F430, Cayman, etc.)... except for the Vette ZR1. Can't help but be impressed by how low the CG is on the ZR1 considering it's got a monstrous supercharged V8 under the hood. Great piece of engineering by Chevy.

The vette has the giant frame, since its not a unibody car, and it has plastic bodypanels... unlike any of the other cars mentioned. That keeps the CG low.

Its also interesting because even though the ZR1 came out lately, the general chassis was designed in the mid/early 90s... :laugh:

ImmI

Ready to race!
Journalists are overall loving the car but a lot of them complain about the engine, lack of power and the noise it makes.

Have to agree with the noise, a boxer is supposed to sound like the ones in the WRX/STI. In this, is just sounds raspy and very unpleasent

Like the Veloster Turbo, the BRZ STI needs to come QUICKLY

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
The brz seems like an Si with Rwd. Too underpowered by today's standards. For the same money a new genesis coupe is the way to go.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
you're missing the point of the car^. And still, wait to see what the turbo version brings about.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
you're missing the point of the car^. And still, wait to see what the turbo version brings about.

I get it just don't care for it. Even a great handling little rear driver driver would be more fun with more power. The Sti version should be a hoot.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I get it just don't care for it. Even a great handling little rear driver driver would be more fun with more power. The Sti version should be a hoot.

rear driver driver? it is RWD.

sti version - possible, or WRX version, or neither by name, and just put in a turbo, sounds like its definitely coming down the pipeline one way or another.

I think a used s2000 may be more fun

sure/yes/possibly/I don't blame you.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
As a self described car guy I just don't get all the fuss is all, I'm sure it would be fun and would be more fun with at least 240hp.