GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sun Visors

ajmstilt

Passed Driver's Ed
I always wanted some black vinyl stickers with a discreet "GTI" in red on them to just stick on top of the airbag warning. But i could never decide i wanted it adjusted to it was the correct way up with the visor down or up.

SLC

90% or more rubbing alcohol. You do not need to take the visors off. Place soaked paper towel over it for 10 minutes (adjust visor to hold paper towel up). It will then peel right off. I tried it first with less of a % of alcohol and it was not working other than creating a sticky mess. With 90% plus there was no issue.

Marvin

Ready to race!

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
I used 70% and it came off no problem. The adhesive is a bit of a bitch. Goo Gone works but you still see the outline of where the sticker was.

Last edited:

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Just finished mine up,that adhesive is a PITA

Yea you can still see the outline,should have left the sticker on there.

Also driver side light does not work maybe i pressed too hard and damage something inside

x_paradoxal_x

Ready to race!
Only the North American market gets that crap. Reminds me of an episode of Top Gear I watched some time ago. Jeremy comes to the US and drives a new Viper and points out the fact that it is riddled with warning labels, bings and the like when in and out of the car. My UK Golf 6's had nowhere near as many labels or dings and bings to tell me I've the door open. Also, the Golfs here make that horrendously stupid honking noise when you hit the lock button.