GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sunroof won’t close

bbafford11

So for just about a year now I haven’t been able to use my sunroof because it won’t close, when I try to close it normally, it gets to the point where it almost closes and then it just opens right back up so I’ve had to manually close it and keep it that way ever since. at first I had a bought a used to motor to replace my current one and I still had the same issue, so I had read that it could be a faulty switch so I bought a used knob that also didn’t help. I bought the used knob and motor just because buying them new just wasn’t in my budget at the time. Is there any other suggestions to help me out with this problem? or should I just suck it up and hope that a new motor or knob/switch will do the trick.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I had the same issue with my TDI wagon. I ended up removing the stupid wind reflector as that was causing it to think there was a jam/something in the way and open back up. I’d try cleaning and greasing the tracks first to see if that helps with anything.

bbafford11

I had the same issue with my TDI wagon. I ended up removing the stupid wind reflector as that was causing it to think there was a jam/something in the way and open back up. I’d try cleaning and greasing the tracks first to see if that helps with anything.
Appreciate it!

king1138

Go Kart Champion
I had this problem when I bought my GTI. I followed the procedure HERE and it now operates perfectly. Should only take about a half hour to fix it.