GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sunroof won't close on its own. How to manually close?

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Well I had to use the Allen wrench to close it... We'll see if it sealed properly. Hopefully I can get it to the dealer soon.

AnthonyMK6

Passed Driver's Ed

I might have a bigger problem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
Somehow someway that spring popped out of its housing... The car is at VW now. Already $107 just to get the diagnostics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonMirko7

Guys I know it is an old topic but I have an issue with my sunroof on my mkvi r 13
Sunroof want open
When you try to open you can just hear a sound like clicking in empty

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

El Mariachi

This saved me! I was stuck in the parking lot for 15min trying to get this bastard to close!

This saved me too. Sunroof got stuck on the way to see the dentist this morning.
I was pissed off the whole time I was in there getting my teeth cleaned.

Thanks to everyone who posted beneficial info here!!!

BTW... I saw a similar post on VWVORTEX and someone said that doing the turn-key "close all the windows function worked like a charm for them as well.

limke03

I have a 2011 GTI. This exact issue happened to me yesterday. I cleaned the track with a wet rag and applied some Tri-flow lubricant. I have to manually help it close a few times but now it's working like new. I could see it getting faster as the lube worked its way in.

virtualbong

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 2011 GTI. This exact issue happened to me yesterday. I cleaned the track with a wet rag and applied some Tri-flow lubricant. I have to manually help it close a few times but now it's working like new. I could see it getting faster as the lube worked its way in.

I was about to punch a hole through my wall because of this sunroof not closing issue but I cleaned the track like you did and applied some garage door opener lubricant (that's all I had) and turned the knob 1/4 close, open, 1/2 close, open, 3/4 close, open, 1/2 close, open, 3/4 close, open, then finally full close and THANK GOD it worked. I do not dare try to open up that sunroof again...I am not confident that my cleaning has fully resolved it. I was only able to clean as far back as I could go...who knows what else was pushed way back into the roof and I do not want to be stuck again. I feel like I just got lucky.

btw. I have a 2014 and that whole pull the knob in the rear did not seem to do anything.