GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suspension Noise

tt15gm

Passed Driver's Ed
The other day I noticed after I climbed into my car, there was a squeaky noise as I sat down. I then got out and started pushing each side of the car and I could hear the sound coming from the driver side rear of the car as I pushed each side. So of course when I pushed the driver side rear quarter panel, the sound was louder.

I'm only at 52K miles and I'm wondering if it's the shock. Is there any other possibilities? I'm gonna probably take of the driver side rear wheel off and check to see if I can find any leakage on the shocks. The ride still feels the same as when it was new, and the shocks seem to work just fine. I can't hear any noise while I'm driving.

I've done no suspension mods and I've only changed the tires to stock size Continential Extreme DW tires on stock 18s.

Here is a video of the sound:
http://youtu.be/ovwOrJoeaCQ

tt15gm

Passed Driver's Ed
Ah, I'll look into that. I took my car for a drive and parked somewhere and tried the bounce test again, and the sound was gone. Maybe it only happens when the car has been sitting for awhile. Will need to test further.

Most likely sway bar bushings...Lube em.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Makes sense on the bushings then. As they heat up from driving and moving they expand and are quiet. When sitting they are hard and contracted. Lube them and test - probably a super cheap fix unless they are all cracked and broken and need replacement.