GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tesla Manipulating Range?

zrickety

The Fixer
You have a better way to deal with greenhouse gases and climate change? Or should we just look forward to cheap gas and death?
Greenhouse gases don't do anything and climate change occurs over millions of years. They've been saying the world will end in 10 years for about 50 years, nothing has changed. Historically, the earth is cooler than before and recently record cold temperatures in some places.
All the manufacturers skew their range. I've had cars that the first half tank lasts much longer than the second half. Batteries fade, you might get advertised range when it's new, but it doesn't stay. Just like a laptop.
1692319794756.jpeg

zrickety

The Fixer
Rockefellers put all their money in oil, then health, and now they're putting it in 'green' energy. Follow the money.
Most electricity comes from coal anyway, we're being scammed again.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
You have a better way to deal with greenhouse gases and climate change? Or should we just look forward to cheap gas and death?
Deaths from heat and cold are lower now than ever in human history. Also, most climate related deaths are from colder temperatures, not heat.

CO2 is a greenhouse gas, but its effect is peanut crumbs compared to water. In fact, there is no hard evidence outside of a lab that CO2 plays any meaningful role in warming the planet. As the planet warms, LIFE increases, CO2 increases, and so does plant life. CO2 is the effect, not the cause. (Edit: You can actually see this in the graph above)

With the amout of money wasted into global warming initiatives we could have had an Interceptor on every major river, trash removed from the Oceans, funded mass-waste disposable in every country around the globe, and built hundreds of Nuclear power stations. You all aren't even for Nuclear power, the cleanest and most available energy source currently available with a human death rate lower than solar and wind.

This whole idea that we can save the planet by buying EVs is such a mind numbing dumb idea its amazing so many people have bought into it. Building EVs takes a shit ton of energy, so much that your new EV isn't technicly "cleaner" than its comparative ICE car until 50-80k miles on the clock. That means most of the "planet saving rich people" buying a new car every 3 years are actually responsible for, according to their own metrics...destroying the planet more so than those buying a normal ICE car.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
hybrids.

esp if they're like the original chev volt which used the gas engine mainly to charge the battery.
I want a Volt just for the efficiency. I’d love to have a reason to buy one and will do so gladly if ever I have a long commute and need to save money on fuel. I’ll look forward to getting 75 mpg someday.

zrickety

The Fixer
I want a Volt just for the efficiency. I’d love to have a reason to buy one and will do so gladly if ever I have a long commute and need to save money on fuel. I’ll look forward to getting 75 mpg someday.
Set aside $30k for when you need to replace the battery.
1692405100236.png