GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

StayStetti

Banned
Should fit fine, though. Still aggressive for sure. Would be pretty pokey @ 24ftg

golf 6

Ready to race!
What size wheel best suits mk6 5door match? (Stock suspension ) The reason I ask my mk5 had 18 and the inner of tyres worn out b4 the tyre had 4 mm on it and that's stock height

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Should fit fine, though. Still aggressive for sure. Would be pretty pokey @ 24ftg

Thanks Phil, you're the master here haha just curious what's the "max" camber in the rear we can do stock with these cars. I've read it differs for some people but most seem to get about 4 deg. out of the rear maxed out if I remember correctly. Is this true?

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Will i need 235 tire for an 8.5 rim? Got my VMR 710s installed but they look too tight for me lol.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Will i need 235 tire for an 8.5 rim? Got my VMR 710s installed but they look too tight for me lol.

Depends on what offset and how low you are, but I'd say 215 or 225. I'm running 225 on my 18x8.5 AMG wheels and they rub but I'm on coils

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
4* is max, some people have trouble getting it when not super low, doe

Cool, thanks again dude. Don't worry I'll be going lower when I get new wheels. Just a PIA since I have to take the fronts out to get the helpers out. Should've just taken them out right away when I put the coils on.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Depends on what offset and how low you are, but I'd say 215 or 225. I'm running 225 on my 18x8.5 AMG wheels and they rub but I'm on coils

I'm on coils too, so far so good. Love these wheels.

NKmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Will I clear 18x8 ET 33 in the back with a VWR springs drop and -2 degrees camber? With 225s

NKmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Might rub with a carload on bumps. You'll be fine

Im rubbing a good amount right now, but haven't ever had an alignment done, even after spring install, so I'm hoping ill get some more clearance once I bring it in on Tuesday. Hoping -2 degrees is enough to get the rears to tuck.

Davespence20

Ready to race!
Im rubbing a good amount right now, but haven't ever had an alignment done, even after spring install, so I'm hoping ill get some more clearance once I bring it in on Tuesday. Hoping -2 degrees is enough to get the rears to tuck.

I forget how much camber I had at the time but I did pull my fenders a little for a different set of wheels

NKmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
So my final setup is:
18x8 ET 48 with 10mm spacer in front, and 15mm spacer in back with stock 225s. Sitting about 25 FTG.
Got my front fenders rolled and screw removed. Still rubbing but may just be the fender liner, haven't taken it through hard corners or dips yet. Back is rubbing a lot but going for alignment Tuesday to add camber. Would -1 in front and -2 in rear prevent rubbing? Sorry for repetitive question just trying to dial this in well.

Davespence20

Ready to race!
So my final setup is:

18x8 ET 48 with 10mm spacer in front, and 15mm spacer in back with stock 225s. Sitting about 25 FTG.

Got my front fenders rolled and screw removed. Still rubbing but may just be the fender liner, haven't taken it through hard corners or dips yet. Back is rubbing a lot but going for alignment Tuesday to add camber. Would -1 in front and -2 in rear prevent rubbing? Sorry for repetitive question just trying to dial this in well.

You can't adjust camber in the front without camber plates. I bet in the rear you'll be pushing -2* just from being lowered. When I was on h&r sports I think I was at -2.1 when I got it aligned after it all settled

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Question: Do i need roll my front fenders?
I have a set of 3sdm 006 coming in the mail soon, they are 18x8.5 et42, i will be reusing the stock tires i have currently on my serrons as of now and i am on Koni coils all the way down(see picture). Will it rub? should i roll em just in case?