GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Movie "Drive" - Thoughts/Opinons?

McQueen77

Banned
You guys seen it? Been out for a while now. Thoughts/opinions?

Alrighty then..

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Love the music in it (retro 80s feel). The atmosphere and moods are good. The acting and full plot line was ok, but not really going to win awards. All in all, definitely a movie worth watching. :thumbsup:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I liked it. The lack of dialogue adds depth and complexity to characters. Of course ibwoukd have loved more car chases and such, as the title implies, but turned out to be a good crime drama in the end.

The cinematography was fantastic. It's nice to see something different for a change.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
did he really need to kick that guy's face in right in front of the girl?
great movie though.

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
Well.................................
I think this sums it up
I won't use a gun
I drive a car
I have a useless impala
Oh look a single mother
Uh oh out of jail husband
Oh no dead friend
Yay dead husband
Oh no I have money
Oh no I got stabbed
Fin
If this movies complex then so was cars 2.
It could have been an awesome movie unfortunately I'd rather watch the notebook.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Best movie of 2011 by far. The cinematography was fantastic and maintained a nice feel throughout. The minimalistic dialogue was just right for allowing the scenes to breathe. The plot was simple enough to keep the focus on the tension of the whole experience. Of course, the soundtrack was pretty much amazing...and your lead singer was on the main track, McQueen (which, of course, you know). The second the intro scene was over and the credits started, I knew I was going to love it.

McQueen77

Banned
Cool, yeah I loved it. Nice cinematography, great score (Cliff Martinez, who also did the music in Crash & Solaris), good characters and stays true to the LA noir feel. As to the lack of dialogue on the drivers part, I think it was effective and simplicity speaks volumes sometimes. Gosslng, who def borrowed elements of stallones character in Cobra, pulled it off and he's no slouch actor (Lars and the Real Girl for ex.) and his lack of dialogue is no reflection on limited writing or script considering how great the villain investor Bernie's lines were. Guy from breaking bad was good and the girl seemed kind of weak. The violence seemed even more effective since the pace of a lot of the movie is pretty even. I thought the number of car chases was perfect as excessive car chases to me are totally boring. It's no wonder it won at Cannes because it's basically an art house noir flick with some big name actors in it.

It would rule to be a stunt/getaway driver:

"I'm a region marketing executive of blahblahlah what do you do?"

"I drive."

McQueen77

Banned
Best movie of 2011 by far. The cinematography was fantastic and maintained a nice feel throughout. The minimalistic dialogue was just right for allowing the scenes to breathe. The plot was simple enough to keep the focus on the tension of the whole experience. Of course, the soundtrack was pretty much amazing...and your lead singer was on the main track, McQueen (which, of course, you know). The second the intro scene was over and the credits started, I knew I was going to love it.

Yeah man, that's her. I first saw the movie in theaters in October. We were on tour and had a day off in Durham, by Duke, and saw it there. We knew she sang on that track so we checked it out not expecting much of the movie and i loved it. I've seen it like 6 times. I never purchase movies really but it's one of the few recent movies I own besides no country for old men and there will be blood.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
I thought it was interesting that the director tapped Gaspar Noe to get guidance for the elevator scene. If you ever saw Irreversible, you'd understand why this was a wise move. The look on Gosling's face when he turned around at the end of that scene was incredible...you would've ruined that scene if even one word was spoken.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
That settles it......I'm renting this one.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I thought it was interesting that the director tapped Gaspar Noe to get guidance for the elevator scene. If you ever saw Irreversible, you'd understand why this was a wise move. The look on Gosling's face when he turned around at the end of that scene was incredible...you would've ruined that scene if even one word was spoken.

Nailed it. It is this kind if attention to detail that set this apart. Brilliant in so many little things, and it easily showed if you appreciate that kind of thing.

McQueen77

Banned
exactly. that is the whole point, especially with the elevator scene. saying nothing after that whole thing was everything. what was he supposed to say, something clever? critics saying the gossling's character is too simple or dumb or something is to miss the whole point. the movie is art, which is subjective but when people are like "i don't get it" its kind of like "well, yeah.. obviously.."