GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
A (new) 328i tested me today from a 2-lane left turn light. He got the jump for about 6". Wasn't fair obviously. I was in the outside (longer) lane path. I was a couple cars ahead halfway thru the left turn, then when i hit 2nd just as i was straightening out it was insane. i almost did a 4 wheel slide (but AWD just stuck) and it just launched so far ahead, buses and buses. I then had to stop at a light. Of course the light turned green and he was looking at my smiling face in my side mirror as he flew by without having to slow down.

JammingJay

Ready to race!
That might've been greatest 2 hour read on a plane in some time. Belated congrats on the new ride, been awhile since I've browsed the MKVI forums. :w00t:

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
A (new) 328i tested me today from a 2-lane left turn light. He got the jump for about 6". Wasn't fair obviously. I was in the outside (longer) lane path. I was a couple cars ahead halfway thru the left turn, then when i hit 2nd just as i was straightening out it was insane. i almost did a 4 wheel slide (but AWD just stuck) and it just launched so far ahead, buses and buses. I then had to stop at a light. Of course the light turned green and he was looking at my smiling face in my side mirror as he flew by without having to slow down.

The shame was too much for him.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
submitted rev 3 tune logs friday night, waiting for my rev 4 tune to arrive. they must be running out of things to fine tune at this point, it runs almost perfect.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
complicated shit... i read some replies on it but still don't fully get it. i guess im not that smart.

Albert knows the month..

Bernard knows the day..

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
so the first statement is the first clue. neither one knows. That means if there is only 1 choice for day, those are eliminated. because they do not know means there is more than 1 option.

that eliminates 18th and 19th days from the running, because they only occur in 1 instance.

if Bernard knows the day, which he does, if it were only in 1 instance, he would automatically know the month. he does not, so the day of the birthday is either 14, 15, 16, or 17.

Since eliminating 18th and 19th days only leaves 1 option for June, and Albert does not know the month, June is eliminated.

I'm totally stuck after that point.

I think the answer is June 17th.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie

looks like you are right.. tho i have no idea how the answer was achieved.

someones answer:

Hahah, well it can't be 18/ 19 as stated. Or else it would be given away. Cancels out May/ June

Next- Has to be July/ August. Bernard knows this, then knows it because of 15, 16, or 17 remaining. If it was 14, that'd leave July/ August.

If it was August left- there'd be 2 days. July has one day left :)