GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

edgarnator

Ready to race!
Waiting at the light and i had my ecs sport mode on traction off that allows less limits than asr, manual mode. When light about to turn green, a maxima came up beside me, he was probably doing 5 mph when it turned green then floored it and so did i, squelled the tires flooring it up to 60. It was a 2004-2006 ish maxina with 3.5, i became beside him at 30 then by the time i hit 65 i got about 1-2 car lenghts ahead and shut down, he flew by and passenger screamed "suck my d**k" out the window.

Sounds to me like you overheard a conversation between the passenger of that maxima and the driver of it [emoji23]

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Sounds to me like you overheard a conversation between the passenger of that maxima and the driver of it [emoji23]

Passenger was smoking a cig or weed? He just screamed on top of his lungs at me for some reason, probably because the driver was his boyfriend. :laugh:

It also turns out the maxima was heavier than i thought, 3,500, plus a passenger, it does 1/4 in 14.8, knowing my mk7 is about 14.2 at 99.9 mph.

Last edited:

my11gti

Ready to race!
Driving to work this evening I had some guy tailing me in a foxbody mustang. I slowed down to a ridiculously slow speed so they would pass and instead they just decided to keep tailing me. I finally get to a red light and the guy changes lanes and gets beside me. Hes sitting there revving the shit out of it. I could hear that tired motor pushing down through his flowmaster exhaust with its dying breaths. I decided since the roads were empty that id hurt the kids feelings. I nod yes and on green we go. I spin a little and he got the jump so he pulls ahead at first. But the GTI quickly passes him and by the time im done he is firmly behind me. I slow back down to an appropriate speed and when he catches up I give a thumbs up and recieve some sort of new sign for a good race. It clearly looked like a middle finger but that couldnt have been it. I guess the kid wasnt ready to lose to a VW hatchback. I guess that old 5.0 couldnt handle my little turbo yaris.

Its always nice to show people like that what these cars are really made of.

The 350z isnt too fast down low. You wont have too big a problem hanging with it. Up top and with modifications there would be a different outcome.

And yeah, it just surprised me cause we were on the freeway and started at like a 60 roll. Haha. I ran one with my old car and he kept pulling on me. Said he was stock, but i dont think he was.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Driving to work this evening I had some guy tailing me in a foxbody mustang. I slowed down to a ridiculously slow speed so they would pass and instead they just decided to keep tailing me. I finally get to a red light and the guy changes lanes and gets beside me. Hes sitting there revving the shit out of it. I could hear that tired motor pushing down through his flowmaster exhaust with its dying breaths. I decided since the roads were empty that id hurt the kids feelings. I nod yes and on green we go. I spin a little and he got the jump so he pulls ahead at first. But the GTI quickly passes him and by the time im done he is firmly behind me. I slow back down to an appropriate speed and when he catches up I give a thumbs up and recieve some sort of new sign for a good race. It clearly looked like a middle finger but that couldnt have been it. I guess the kid wasnt ready to lose to a VW hatchback. I guess that old 5.0 couldnt handle my little turbo yaris.

he's clearly driving it too hard, it would've been even worse in a v6 camry :laugh:

I had couple kids flipped me before they were both driving an accord and a sentra which were slow as fuck, kid got pissed in accord cuz I didn't let that fucker in and once when he finally passed me, he sticked his head out and showed me finger and I just pointed and laughed, seemed pissed after that. Sentra was driving 60 in a 55, I was driving 70 as well as most of cars, then he rode my ass and I slowed down till he finally tried to pass me, then flipped me when I took exit while it just smiled at him with thumbs up.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Raced a buddies 370z. Both MT. His car was stock.

He was 1 car ahead of me before we started and I let him get the jump, I was going about 40mph in 2nd. Reeled him in through 2nd gear, and started pulling in 3rd. I had to stop as soon as I started pulling, because of traffic. It was a nice little race but I want to line it up right next time and record it. Also, I would've liked to see what would happen if I would have kept going and made it into 4th.

CSB.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Raced a buddies 370z. Both MT. His car was stock.

He was 1 car ahead of me before we started and I let him get the jump, I was going about 40mph in 2nd. Reeled him in through 2nd gear, and started pulling in 3rd. I had to stop as soon as I started pulling, because of traffic. It was a nice little race but I want to line it up right next time and record it. Also, I would've liked to see what would happen if I would have kept going and made it into 4th.

CSB.

Are you really stock?

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Sneaky sneaky ;)

You almost made me think I had a fast car...

I never got to race him at stage 2. I knew I would have lost, but he never wanted to race.

At Revo Stage 2 I did keep up with an HR 350z from a roll. His front bumper stayed at my driver door until we shut it off at about 100mph. I brake boosted as well.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
is just me? Or do people with mustangs drive really hard in general? Those things always sound so tired and beat down.

Mustang owners are just like guys with ridiculously high lifted trucks. They buy the vehicle to compensate for a small weiner.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Mustang owners are just like guys with ridiculously high lifted trucks. They buy the vehicle to compensate for a small weiner.
nailed it. Been driving around in a prius for the past month and a half, every time I'm next to some bro in a lifted truck and I take off from the stoplight a bit faster than them they feel the need to floor it by me. It's almost like they have something to prove...

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Ran a new 650i...I started a car behind, we both pushed it from 60mph I started reeling him in easily and by 110mph he was on my rear fender and I would keep pulling, but I let off..

This is a 100% legit run with more advantage to the bimmer. I am very impressed with this car!