GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official K04 Club (Experiences and Troubleshooting)

P

plac

im emailing apr berlin to see what programs they put on the ecu. would the coils be causing the boost cut out and engine lights? its running about the same as it did before the tune.

yes, you should have changed coils before you did any of this next upgrade. never mod when your car has existing problems is my stance.

bad coils make it fall on its face under heavy load. feels like a backfire. and makes the CEL flash sometimes as its happening.

DTF40

Passed Driver's Ed
I did mine on friday and was only really able to take her out yesterday.
Something must be wrong, its like it wants to start to boost, then there is a sudden hesitation and then it goes again and feels ok.
No backfiring so i take it the coils are fine.
Any thoughts?

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
yes, you should have changed coils before you did any of this next upgrade. never mod when your car has existing problems is my stance.

bad coils make it fall on its face under heavy load. feels like a backfire. and makes the CEL flash sometimes as its happening.

copy that. i will order them.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
coils are hella cheap. easy way to eliminate the most likely cause for under $100. might as well do plugs while you have the coils out. OEM plugs only.

i ordered the coil/ngk plug kit from ecs. i shouldnt have put so many 9's in my 4 digit security code.:laugh: oh well. i also got the anti theft. i thought the valet was included but i guess not. i was hoping to have valet for when i get my car shipped to the next base.

P

plac

i ordered the coil/ngk plug kit from ecs. i shouldnt have put so many 9's in my 4 digit security code.:laugh: oh well. i also got the anti theft. i thought the valet was included but i guess not. i was hoping to have valet for when i get my car shipped to the next base.

you gotta drop one of your other 4 programs if you want valet. there are only 4 slots available.

VWMat

Passed Driver's Ed

FTW!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Hey guys. Sorry I've been aloof. I'll update the list later tonight. Seems well top almost 40 members!

VWMat

Passed Driver's Ed
red tops are just visually better at extra cost. my vendor saved me from spending double. but they look nice. :w00t:
They are actually Audi 'high performance' coil packs, and are cheaper than OEM VW ones. My OEM ones were misfiring after 10k :(

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
BOOM List updated!