GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Static Low Thread

paco83

On scale suspension!

adotscala

Passed Driver's Ed

Anyone having issues with passenger side axle rubbing on frame. I'm 23 3/4 ftg all around. Raised the fronts to 24 and still rubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jptamayonaise

Ready to race!
Anyone having issues with passenger side axle rubbing on frame. I'm 23 3/4 ftg all around. Raised the fronts to 24 and still rubbing.

I've never had an issue when I was 24" before my notch. Knocking noises over driving over big bumps?

anticon

Ready to race!

[emoji52] Phone pics

adotscala

Passed Driver's Ed
I've never had an issue when I was 24" before my notch. Knocking noises over driving over big bumps?

Yea there's a knocking noise , I checked under the car nothing else seems to be rubbing. There's no marks anywhere else and I went over all the bolts in the suspension. I ended up raising the car a tad bit more for now and it seems okay. Until I get the notch
Do you think it could have to do with my coilovers. I have the bc racing with the extreme drop kit. The shock bodies are much shorter than standard. Could the shorter length maybe be causing it to rub at that height compared to a standard coilover that the body length would be longer.

Last edited:

Jptamayonaise

Ready to race!
Yea there's a knocking noise , I checked under the car nothing else seems to be rubbing. There's no marks anywhere else and I went over all the bolts in the suspension. I ended up raising the car a tad bit more for now and it seems okay. Until I get the notch
Do you think it could have to do with my coilovers. I have the bc racing with the extreme drop kit. The shock bodies are much shorter than standard. Could the shorter length maybe be causing it to rub at that height compared to a standard coilover that the body length would be longer.

I wouldn't think it'd make a difference. I've installed various coilovers made to go low and we've all haven't had issues with knocking frame at 24 FTG. Weird issue..

untotenmk6

Ready to race!

Changes coming soon

Im sure you have answered this question alot, or mabe have it posted up somewhere. What suspention setup are you running?? I was really considering bags, even have a good amount saved up but my heart has always been static idk just curious?[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Invidious

Ready to race!
Im sure you have answered this question alot, or mabe have it posted up somewhere. What suspention setup are you running?? I was really considering bags, even have a good amount saved up but my heart has always been static idk just curious?[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Im running BC Racing coilovers. I believe they are the br extreme drop series. After having them for a few months i upgraded to swift springs to go even lower. My spring rates are 10k front to back. They come with front camber plates and I am running IDF rear camber arms. I also have spullen swaybar endlinks in the front to adjust for clearance. The rest is stock for now.